Keith Foulke anyone?

aboz56

I know one thing that will happen.

Foulke will have a better year, mark my words.

At least he blew games against respectable teams like the Yanks and Seattle, not the piss ass Royals.

Not sure on the better year, depends on how many chances he gets.

Well, the Royals aren't on the level of the Yankees but they're not the Tigers either.

Anyway, I'm content to just sit back and watch this thing go down in flames.

At least he blew games against respectable teams like the Yanks and Seattle, not the piss ass Royals.

The piss ass Royals? They flat out beat our ass 4 times and their still a piss ass team? Then what are the White Sox? KC proved something to me tonight..... they're the team to beat in the AL Central and if the White Sox are lucky enough to be in playoff contention, it will be between KC, Minnesota, and us.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont know........maybe it was screwed up and maybe it wasnt... i miss joe valentine out of the whole deal though... and speaking of oldies but goodies guess who has 4 saves right now.........burns baby.......who would have thunk it huh............

April 3rd against Seattle, 4-4 game in the top of the 10th, Foulke gives up a run to the mariners to make it 5-4, only to be saved in the bottom of the 10th by a Terrence Long home run to make it 5-5.

Don't act like Foulke is perfect. The difference between having him and Koch is that, even though they're both going to blow some saves, Koch is going to want the ball the next day to go right back at them and get it right.

Koch has blown 2 this year, Foulke has blown none.

Can we say f***ed up trade?  I think so.

Get Marte in there as closer.

Just because a player does well somewhere else does not mean he will do well here. Who knows how Foulke would be pitching if he were still here.

Koch has blown 2 this year, Foulke has blown none.

Can we say f***ed up trade?  I think so.

Get Marte in there as closer.

Just because a player does well somewhere else does not mean he will do well here. Who knows how Foulke would be pitching if he were still here.

Couldn't be doing any worse as a closer than Koch is right now.

Don't act like Foulke is perfect. The difference between having him and Koch is that, even though they're both going to blow some saves, Koch is going to want the ball the next day to go right back at them and get it right.

I think the thing with Foulke is that he'll be bad for like 2 weeks then he'll be fine for a long period.

Koch seems to be a guy who gets into trouble in games, but gets out of it most of the time. And when he has his problems it lasts one outing and he gets out of it. I think that's just the nature of the beast with a guy who throws hard.

Maybe if the "guy who throws hard" didn't throw Sweeney a fastball right down the goddamn middle of homeplate he'd have a little more success.

I agree.

The point I was making was that guys like Koch and Armando Benitez who are known as hard throwers have s***ty games like this.

Anywho, this month is almost over and so is the season so I've got that going for me.

well..did i tell you guys lately i hated the billy koch trade from day one :lol:

guys..last year..damaso marte converted 10-11 saves after he was named co - closer with osuna...he proved he could close here...marte beats koch in every statistical catagory....baa against , era , whip , save pct and most importanly strike outs per ip....marte is a stud...

koch had a good year last year..but in '01 he carried a 480 with 8 blown saves....you dont pin a season where it mght be the only year we have bartolo colon on a guy like koch..you dont know what you are gonna get and right now we got the billy koch of '01...he we got the billy koch thats worse than the '01 version...i ready for marte right now...if koch doesnt right himslef and blows like 3 or 4 more games here in the near future we might be looking at another white flag trade...

im on the official damaso marte for closer bandwagon

if koch doesnt right himslef and blows like 3 or 4 more games here in the near future we might be looking at another white flag trade...

Can I be on the official WF trade bandwagon?

Whenever this team brings in big name players it blows up in their face.

well..did i tell you guys lately i hated the billy koch trade from day one :lol:

guys..last year..damaso marte converted 10-11 saves after he was named co - closer with osuna...he proved he could close here...marte beats koch in every statistical catagory....baa against , era , whip , save pct and most importanly strike outs per ip....marte is a stud...

koch had a good year last year..but in '01 he carried a 480 with 8 blown saves....you dont pin a season where it mght be the only year we have bartolo colon on a guy like koch..you dont know what you are gonna get and right now we got the billy koch of '01...he we got the billy koch thats worse than the '01 version...i ready for marte right now...if koch doesnt right himslef and blows like 3 or 4 more games here in the near future we might be looking at another white flag trade...

You're not the only one who didn't like that trade Baggs. Don't take away my spotlight bro ;) .

As for Marte, with Randa and Sweeney looming as your number 2-3 hitters in the ninth, I take my chances Marte and have him pitch to Tucker..... especially with the way Koch got lit up in KC.

You're not the only one who didn't like that trade Baggs. Don't take away my spotlight bro ;) .

As for Marte, with Randa and Sweeney looming as your number 2-3 hitters in the ninth, I take my chances Marte and have him pitch to Tucker..... especially with the way Koch got lit up in KC.

we finally get what looks like all the pieces in place...now our big name highly paid super duper closer goes in the s***ter....

and yes..you were right there with me on the koch trade..if memory serves me correct it was split about 50/50 on koch

The piss ass Royals? They flat out beat our ass 4 times and their still a piss ass team? Then what are the White Sox? KC proved something to me tonight..... they're the team to beat in the AL Central and if the White Sox are lucky enough to be in playoff contention, it will be between KC, Minnesota, and us.

Yes the piss ass Royals... Cleveland started 11-0 last season and where did they finish? No where.

What have the Royals won lately, not a damn thing.

Therefore, they are a piss ass team until they actually win something which won't happen this season.

I hate how people are saying they're doing this without Beltran, yada yada yada. Give it 2 months and they are sub .500 while the Twins will have a lead in the division with the Sox not far behind.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont know abo.. they (kc) looked pretty solid tonite........if we are still playing like s*** come mid may ill be happy to finish over or at .500........this team has to get its s*** together soon or they may as well cash it in...........

people loooooooooove to panic. i wasn't a huge supporter of the koch trade either but what's done is done, and the sox need to koch to come through if they are going to do anything, so i'll just wait and see. furthermore, koch blew two out of his first four save chances last year, and went on to save 42 out of the next 46 opportunities.

you know what the 2000 team's record was through 13 games? 7-6.

i'm not worried.

I'm not worried and more importantly to those calling KC a piss poor team, check the record. I don't give a damn how bad they are on paper (They aren't terrible on paper) because they are winning on the field and are hot. If a team is hot then they will do different things.

That being said this Sox team is pissing the hell out of me because they are blowing game after game by their own blunders whethers its on the path, moving guys over, or fielding. Its freaking disgusting. Why can't we have a fundementally sound team?

Damn it I wish the Sox were the Angels. I take so much enjoyment watching them do the little things. This Sox team can do the little things, yet I never see it, I don't get it. In 2000 they did all the little things but field. This team isn't any slower then that team and it isn't worse offensively, they are just SELFISH. I wish we never used Joshua as the scapegoat to our offensive meltdown in 2001.

people loooooooooove to panic. i wasn't a huge supporter of the koch trade either but what's done is done, and the sox need to koch to come through if they are going to do anything, so i'll just wait and see. furthermore, koch blew two out of his first four save chances last year, and went on to save 42 out of the next 46 opportunities.

you know what the 2000 team's record was through 13 games? 7-6.

i'm not worried.

spiff..koch just hasnt blown 2 saves...he also put us so far behind so fast that jerry couldnt even get a pitcher up twice to get hin out of there before everything was totally our of hand...if he gives up the 2 run homer and thats it in our half of the 9th if macdougal walks the first two we can send up josh paul to bunt over the runners and have them on 2nd and 3rd with one out...rios doesnt get thrown out at 3rd....your closer will blow some saves..but JHC limit the damage...this is sick

its like a double whammy twice in a two week period with koch...

I'm tired with this s***.

Foulke blew games with us too if I'm not mistaken.

I hate it how every god damn year fans jump on the smallest things.

remember last year with Marte? He started off with a 8.00 ERA and everyone thought he sucked. what he do? awesome the rest of the way.

people hate Valentin, but in time liked him.

hell, Paul Konerko wasn't liked too much when we got him, after all he was a .200 hitter with Cinci.

I could name a thousand other times when fans attacked a player after a short time, but I'm simply too tired too.

all I'm saying is to relax. Foulke and Koch, although different players, are similar in productivity and value. you may want to say Foulke is better, but anyone who thinks he is better to the point where we will regret this trade, or to the point where it will HURT this team dearly, is crazy.

Koch has been a strong closer for years now, two bad games doesn't change that.

we finally get what looks like all the pieces in place...now our big name highly paid super duper closer goes in the s***ter....

and yes..you were right there with me on the koch trade..if memory serves me correct it was split about 50/50 on koch

i was one of them too :)