Ozzie's quote on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
I'm sure you guys caught this. They talked to Ozzie during Sunday night's game and they said 'Mark B. is really underrated outside of Chicago'.  Ozzie replied, 'well that's because he plays for the White Sox and not your Red Sox'.  Those 2 clowns seemed stunned, THAT WAS AWESOME.

Nope, missed it. Damn. Sure would have liked to have caught it though.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
He said "your" Red Sox?

That's awesome!

I saw the interview and heard him say something about the Red Sox but couldn't really understand what it was, if he said your Red Sox that's f'n awesome.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 04:11 AM)
I saw the interview and heard him say something about the Red Sox but couldn't really understand what it was, if he said your Red Sox that's f'n awesome.

I'm positive he at least 'The' Red Sox, but I'm pretty sure he said 'YOUR' Red Sox.

I could tell by his face that he was pissed going into it, his team is down 2 runs and they wanna chat.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
I believe he said, " Because he doesn't play for Boston or New York, "when asked why Buehrle is relatively unknown outside Chicago.

Ozzie is difficult to understand, so I may be wrong. :D

That's what I recalled hearing too

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
I believe he said, " Because he doesn't play for Boston or New York, "when asked why Buehrle is relatively unknown outside Chicago.

Ozzie is difficult to understand, so I may be wrong. :D

Thats how heard it. He said that because he plays for the White Sox and not New York or Boston. He didn't ever say "your" or at least I didn't hear that, but with Oz you never know.

Basically he's right though and it isn't even ESPN's fault. I mean ESPN talked up Sheets a ton last year and hell, most generic baseball fans wouldn't know that much about him either.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
Ozzie is a quote machine!!!!

Easily the funniest Sox manager I can recall. There's no one else in the race!

I don't know, Jerry was a pretty funny dude.... there was that one time he said, umm, uhh... you know what I am talking about, right? Well he said something. And it was Really FUNNY.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
I think Santana had more to do with it than ESPN did.

I'm just talking about the announcers and such...Even though I muted the game and listened to Rooney and Farmer, I can only imagine how much slurping Morgan was doing on the Twins.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 07:36 AM)
I don't know, Jerry was a pretty funny dude.... there was that one time he said, umm, uhh... you know what I am talking about, right?  Well he said something.  And it was Really FUNNY.

The funniest thing about Manuel was when he wake up in the dugout and pretend to be angry about something, but he didn't really know how to argue with the umps, so he'd stand there and wobble his head from side to side and then suddenly stop the head-wobble and walk meekly back to the dugout and resume dozing.

.....that was funny.....

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
I'm just talking about the announcers and such...Even though I muted the game and listened to Rooney and Farmer, I can only imagine how much slurping Morgan was doing on the Twins.

Actually, early in the game, they were talking about the Twins not playing good baseball. Which was true at the time. Then the Sox started playing poorly and Santana became dominant. What else could they do?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
Actually, early in the game, they were talking about the Twins not playing good baseball.  Which was true at the time.  Then the Sox started playing poorly and Santana became dominant.  What else could they do?

Their general bias against the Sox is quite evident from all of their announcers top to bottom and their programming.

Case in point, Sox win the first 2 of the series, they bury the highlights way down in SportsCenter.

Then the Sunday night game, we've got the Twins-Sox highlights early in the show.

Now you can say it was since Johan was pitching against Buehrle, but neither of these guys are well-known outside of their respective markets.