Torii Hunter's quote after the game

kapkomet

Did y'all see that?

As much as I complain about his little b**** ass, I give him a :cheers for his quote after the game.

Paraphrasing:

We know we're a rivalry, but we want to keep the game between the lines and have fun. We have fun playing them and I know they have fun playing us. But off the field, I'd buy those guys dinner because they're a great group of guys.

Thanks, Torii. That was very classy.

Awww, I still want to see him take a fast ball in the ribs. All the ass kissing in the world isn't going to make up for the schalacking he gave Burke.

Ok, so I'm still sore about it. But since a good dose of revenge was never given to him, I'm holding on him.

Until he takes a shot I'm not giving him any props.

I agree it was quite classy. To be honest I hate a lot of the Twins players, but at the same time, they have a ton of guys (most of them the ones I hate) that I'd absolutely love to have on the Sox.

It really is a great rivalry and I can definately say its a fun one for me to watch. To be a Twins-Sox game is as good as it gets in terms of regular season baseball.

I am not sure if anyone remembers a hockey player that used to play for Minnesota: Dino Ciccarelli

Hawks fans and players hated him. But everyone would have loved to have him on their team. He played extremely hard and always had the ability to kill you when the game was really on the line.

Torii Hunter is the same way. Hate to play against him, love to have him on your team.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 08:32 AM)
I am not sure if anyone remembers a hockey player that used to play for Minnesota: Dino Ciccarelli

Hawks fans and players hated him. But everyone would have loved to have him on their team. He played extremely hard and always had the ability to kill you when the game was really on the line.

Torii Hunter is the same way. Hate to play against him, love to have him on your team.

Of course I remember Ciccarelli and I agree. I hated the guy but would have loved to see him wearing an Indian head sweater. Hunter is the same type of player.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
All I know is that sox fans used to hate AJ, too.

Whenever Hunter is a free agent, I'd love to see him bring his glove and bat to 35th and Dan Ryan

I agree on that, I'd love to have him, but until then you gotta love to hate this guy.

This from the Sun-Times:

Much has been made about an icy relationship between Hunter and Buehrle starting last season when Hunter crashed into Jamie Burke at home plate to score a run. But Buehrle and Hunter had a chance meeting after Saturday's game and exchanged pleasantries.

"I was walking out [of the Metrodome] and he was out there and I shook his hand,'' Buehrle said. "I think a lot more is being made out of it in the papers than it is between me and him.''

I still hate it when the Sox face him, though.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
All I know is that sox fans used to hate AJ, too.

Whenever Hunter is a free agent, I'd love to see him bring his glove and bat to 35th and Dan Ryan

Rowand >>>> Torrie in my book. A little biased? Sure, but Rowand is awesome in my book.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)
Just curious, what is Hunter's batting average against the Sox and what is it against all other teams?

Using ESPN last 3 year splits:

All Teams: .270

White Sox: .263

HPB: 17 (Clev 4, CHW 3, 3 teams @ 2)