Sox on ESPN?

Butter Parque

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
I know the Sox are on Thursday on ESPN2 as well.

I thought I saw the Thursday game scroll across ESPN, but I didn't see it in the newspaper listings for baseball games on TV. Hopefully it will happen

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 07:54 AM)
The only reason I'm bringin it up is because it said on the bottom line on sunday night that the sox would play cleveland on thursday at 7:00 on ESPN2.

i really thought i said espn and my directv guide has stump the shawb on at 7 on espn2. so maybe its the alternate game for ny, and new england?

from the espn mediazone

07:00P  Live - ESPN Thursday Night Baseball from Boston, MA - N.Y. Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox (Viewers in the NYC and Boston areas will see the alternate game - Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland.) (HDTV)

[ESPN]

hope this settles things. if u have directv and not in chicago u will see the game prob on channel 210

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
I don't know. I don't see it anywhere on ESPN and everywhere just has the Astros vs Mets game as the alternate game.

how come they show the mets-astros when they r blacking out the yankees and redsox? :bang

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
I don't know. I don't see it anywhere on ESPN and everywhere just has the Astros vs Mets game as the alternate game.

Thursday, April 14

ESPN and ESPN HD

7:00 p.m.      N.Y. Yankees vs. Boston

(YES)            (NESN)

Alternate:  Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland 

Viewers in the NYC and Boston market areas will see the alternate game:

100 air-mile radius of New York City and wherever YES is available in New York, Connecticut, northeastern half of Pennsylvania, northern half of New Jersey including Ocean county and excluding Mercer county.

100 air-mile radius of Boston and wherever NESN is available to cable subscribers: Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut (except the Fairfield area).

the sox r the alternate game.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Is that ESPN Media Zone free, because I just signed up for it and they told me they would contact me within 3 business days? What the hell do they want?

some of it is. i dont know if they charge for the stuff u need to sign up for.