• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dye is hitting around 60 points higher.

Dye has a homer, Crede doesn't.

Dye has no errors, Crede does.

Dye has an RBI, Crede doesn't.

Dye has a higher OBP, SLG, and OPS.

I assume you're talking this years numbers?

If not I can detail past years.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
I gotta give credit to Joe today. 2 hits, way to go.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up a very solid hitter. He was successful in the minors with a flaw in his swing because he had lot's of talent. Now he is trying to correct something fundamental and he is a little lost. Even Tiger Woods suffered a debilitating drop in his fortunes when he decided to change something fundamental in his golf swing. Things just don't feel right for Joe. Hopefully, while Walker continues to get his swing on a consistent level plane, it will begin to feel normal for him. I hope to see him send a lot of frozen ropes to right. This would show progess in his development as a hitter. Pitchers currently take advantage of his lack of patience and his penchant for pulling too much. After a degree of success hitting 'the other way', he will naturally start pulling with more success (sans pop-up) because of a better swing, more confidence and because he will be pitched differently. He is his own worst critic and is taking longer to make the necessary adjustments because of it. I think he has the talent and would not be the least bit surprised if it starts coming to him. And soon. :pray :pray :pray

Edited by ottawa_sox

I support every player on this team and hope they all succeed as well everyone should. Joe's swing started to look good during the first game of the twins series and he's looking better and better at the plate each day, hopefully it continues.

To the fella suggesting that Pablo Ozuna should be starting over Crede, consider that Ozuna is pretty much minor league fodder while Crede has been a MVP at two different levels in the minors.

Had Ozuna not raked the ball in Tucson, he wouldn't even be on the team.

I'll support Crede because he plays hard and puts in the effort. As long as I see that from any player on the Sox, I'll be a supporter.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
To the fella suggesting that Pablo Ozuna should be starting over Crede, consider that Ozuna is pretty much Triple A fodder while Crede has been a MVP at two different levels in the minors.

Had Ozuna not raked the ball in Tucson, he wouldn't even be on the team.

I'll support Crede because he plays hard and puts in the effort.  As long as I see that from any player on the Sox, I'll be a supporter.

I wouldn't call Ozuna a aaa fodder, he raked in the minors, the problem is he aged a bit in one day. Most of us can agree though that it's ridiculous for people to be suggesting starting changes after 7 games.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
I wouldn't call Ozuna a aaa fodder, he raked in the minors, the problem is he aged a bit in one day.  Most of us can agree though that it's ridiculous for people to be suggesting starting changes after 7 games.

At best, Ozuna is an excellent bench guy, but not good enough to be an everyday player. Think Ross Gloadish.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
At best, Ozuna is an excellent bench guy, but not good enough to be an everyday player. Think Ross Gloadish.

DBAHO, don't get me wrong I wasn't suggesting Ozuna to start or anything cause at this point that's ridiculous, I was just saying that Ozuna did rake in the minors, that's all.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
DBAHO, don't get me wrong I wasn't suggesting Ozuna to start or anything cause at this point that's ridiculous, I was just saying that Ozuna did rake in the minors, that's all.

Yeah, and if he was on a different team other than Florida and Philly, maybe he would have caught on with someone else. But hopefully that's our good luck, and he'll do a good job for us.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
I'm one of those people who think Joe could post numbers like .270/.320/.465, with 20 HR's and 70 rbi's. Seeing how he's had to make some adjustments in his swing [pretty significant ones at that], and still boasted some good power numbers since late 2002 without those changes, if he works out the kinks he should be a very solid major league player.

I know Joe Crede hasn't lived up to the hype [which, given his awards and numbers in the minors, maybe deserved at the time]. But count me among those who want to see this kid do well, especially as others start up the "dump Joe" chants. Whether Joe gets his act together this season, who knows. If he doesn't improve on his 2004 year, the sox should probably look for help at 3B. I just know Joe seems like a guy who should get more support than I've seen. He's a quiet professional who works hard, doesn't let his struggles at the plate affect his defense, and has the skills to help this team win a lot of games in 2005.

With that said, count me as the first member of the "Joe Crede Support Group". Meetings are on an "as needed" basis [probably after an 0-4 day with 3 k's and an error in the field, or multiple "Crede sucks" threads]. And members should refrain from saying "I told you so" to non-members if Joe has a break out year. So who's with me?

Im in for at least this year and maybe next year if he continues to play solid D and contribute to the team positively in the clubhouse, but if he becomes a cancer (which i highly doubt) then josh fields better step up

QUOTE(beck72 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
I'm one of those people who think Joe could post numbers like .270/.320/.465, with 20 HR's and 70 rbi's. Seeing how he's had to make some adjustments in his swing [pretty significant ones at that], and still boasted some good power numbers since late 2002 without those changes, if he works out the kinks he should be a very solid major league player.

I know Joe Crede hasn't lived up to the hype [which, given his awards and numbers in the minors, maybe deserved at the time]. But count me among those who want to see this kid do well, especially as others start up the "dump Joe" chants. Whether Joe gets his act together this season, who knows. If he doesn't improve on his 2004 year, the sox should probably look for help at 3B. I just know Joe seems like a guy who should get more support than I've seen. He's a quiet professional who works hard, doesn't let his struggles at the plate affect his defense, and has the skills to help this team win a lot of games in 2005.

With that said, count me as the first member of the "Joe Crede Support Group". Meetings are on an "as needed" basis [probably after an 0-4 day with 3 k's and an error in the field, or multiple "Crede sucks" threads]. And members should refrain from saying "I told you so" to non-members if Joe has a break out year. So who's with me?

count me in

I'm in, I don't see how Crede is blamed for Buehrle going 3-0 on Hunter and then throwing a BP style pitch that got jacked. That grounder was no easy play, and Uribe wouldn't have been able to do anything either. And no Ozuna crap, he's a career minor league. OMG, he had a bunt single! Start him! Crede was the one who made an adjustment and doubled off of Santana while a guy like PK was looking silly. Not to mention his D, it's just expected/taken for granted these days.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
Dye is hitting around 60 points higher.

Dye has a homer, Crede doesn't.

Dye has no errors, Crede does.

Dye has an RBI, Crede doesn't.

Dye has a higher OBP, SLG, and OPS.

I assume you're talking this years numbers?

If not I can detail past years.

Dye is only hitting .217 Crede at .208

And comparing error's of a RF compared to a 3B is plain silly

I think that play last night at 3rd with Hunter seemed to light a fire under him. From what I know about him in Bham Joe puts a lot of pressure on himself and with these 3 hits maybe this is what gets him going. I am rooting hard for him because I don't see any better options until All-Star Break next year Feilds is not ready yet.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
I really hope Joe Crede makes a lot of people eat some healthy portions of crow this year.  I, for one, believe he will.

We all want to eat that crow and say 'thank you may I have another'...I love Joe...I want to see him start kicking some ass. By the way, I like my crow with a side of collard greens!

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
We all want to eat that crow and say 'thank you may I have another'...I love Joe...I want to see him start kicking some ass.  By the way, I like my crow with a side of collard greens!

Not bad, tony. Subtle, but effective.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
tonyho, same here.  I'm in for the support group, though he's making me look like an idiot for saying he'll hit .280-25-80 (so far)

I think the 25 and 80 part is possible....and if he gets .260 I would be happy. As long as the glove is solid.

As founding member of the Joe Crede support group, I hereby call for all "Crede" jerseys to be unpacked from storage. Now that his hit streak has been extended to 10 games, and his avg is up over .270, jerseys should not be taken off until his hit streak ends, or his avg dips below .270.