The "Joe Crede Support Group"

beck72

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
How long has Crede been at the big league level?

This is his sixth season, yet, you are willing to give Pablo Ozuna a starting job in his fifth because he "is prime for a breakout."

Gimme a break. :headshake

Ozuna's first major league season, Crede's what??? You killed your own point :headshake

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
Ozuna's first major league season, Crede's what???  You killed your own point :headshake

First major league season at the age of 30. Your point is pathetic, period.

Had to edit my post, for the sake of santo -- I had a "you're" where a "your" should have been. :)

Edited by CWSGuy406

Before you start backing a guy to bash another, don't you think it is important to know just a littttttttttttle bit about him.

Let's take a look shall we.

Ozuna

2000 Marlins 14G 24AB

2001 NOPE

2002 Marlins 34G 47AB

2003 Rockies 17G 40AB

2004 NOPE

2005 White Sox

Well, you go ahead and start Pablo Ozuna at third, let's see how that works out for you.

Me, I'll take Joe Crede. :headshake

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
Being that this is his 5th pro season, I think Ozuna is prime for a breakout.  When he was traded for Edgar Renteria, someone thought he was going to turn out.  I am one of those supporters.  Not to be biased, but I am always in the frame of mind of not wanting to keep around a player who is going to leave the team anyway, and is basically not even playing for a contract.

Not sure of the logic. Is Crede not ready for a breakout, because it's his 4th yr? So the Sox should keep Joe around for 2006 when it's his 5th yr?

Crede IS playing for a contract, and for his future. As a player who hasn't put together a decent full year [a good 2nd half in 2003], Crede has a lot riding on 2005. He has a lot of motivation to do well. Does Ozuna have more?! I doubt it, as any 30 yr old making his MLB debut on a team's roster won't likely get an "all-star type contract" any time soon. A guy fulfilling his "potential" and who put up big numbers in the minors like Crede could though.

Everyone would like to see Crede do well, because that would make us a winning team. But the reality is that Crede is one of those guys who for whatever reason could not make the jump from the minors to The Show. He is not a major league player, period. Replace him with Ozuna now.

Does the lineup need more contact with no power potential (Ozuna) or more power with potential for contact (Crede) right now? A question for the ages.

Basically you know what you have in Ozuna, a utility player who may get hot. The jury is out on Crede. Leave him in for one more year then get an upgrade if needed.

I will take some base hits every week over a few homeruns every month and nothing else.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
If Willie had been in the game, we would have won as usual.  I call it the "Ditka-SuperMVP" factor.  If Ozzie had started Willie, it would have been Sox 197 Twins -6.

On the Play Station maybe.. :P

QUOTE(Tannerfan @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
Everyone would like to see Crede do well, because that would make us a winning team. But the reality is that Crede is one of those guys who for whatever reason could not make the jump from the minors to The Show. He is not a major league player, period. Replace him with Ozuna now.

the support grous isn't too supporting so far! :bang

QUOTE(Tannerfan @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
But the reality is that Crede is one of those guys who for whatever reason could not make the jump from the minors to The Show. He is not a major league player, period. Replace him with Ozuna now.

*Too soon to say that.

*Wrong

*Not going to happen anytime soon.

--For the JCSG members, we can make exceptions to the "I told you so" rule for certain people

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
Before you start backing a guy to bash another, don't you think it is important to know just a littttttttttttle bit about him.

Let's take a look shall we.

Ozuna

2000 Marlins 14G 24AB

2001 NOPE

2002 Marlins 34G 47AB

2003 Rockies  17G 40AB

2004 NOPE

2005 White Sox

Well, you go ahead and start Pablo Ozuna at third, let's see how that works out for you.

Me, I'll take Joe Crede. :headshake

All of those games doesnt add up to a full major league season. Playing sparingly and being bumped up from the minors does not a season of major league experience make. Joe has been up for years now, and has shown no signs of improving, yet has showing sigs of regress. Pablo also was out for full seasons due to injury, and we know that recovering from season ending inuries does not happen overnight. I understand trying to back up someone on the board but putting stats like 24 AB as proof of his major league experience just seems not needed. I personally think that Joe is another one of those players that isnt going to make it. If you put Pablo in Joe's spot, playing every day no matter what, I think he will succeed where Joe has failed. So far all Pablo has netted in his career is 2 GREAT players for other teams, Juan Pierre and Edgar Renteria, I think its time for him to get a chance to show what he can do.

Edited by RockRaines

IM not trying to Bash Crede or say get rid of him right now. I just think that his time on this club has passed. Maybe he will do better somewhere else, but as far as I am concerned, im eager to watch him go at the end of the season. We havent really given anyone else a chance to win the position, and I think some competition may make or break his career. Whether its fields, Ozuna or Uribe, I think someone needs to step up and claim the position.

I'm applying for a one year membership in your club.

Unfortunatly, the truth for Joe is that this season, he's not a young up&comer anymore, and his production in the order is more critical than any previous seasons, so the spotlight should rightly be on him, and criticism comes with that.

I'm optimistic and definitly pulling for Joe, but he's gotta step it up this year. Am I talking .300/35/110/Gold Glove? No. But like I said, his consistent production day in and day out is more important this season than any of Joe's first few seasons. Is .260ish/25/80-90/almost a Gold Glove, too much to ask, I actually don't think so. And more importantly than any stats I think is simply consistency. No more 10 game, 3/36 stretches, he's needs to make solid contributions in the bottom third of the batting order and be the defensive player at third that he has been at times before, but this year it's got to be for the whole season.

To sum up, I'm not going to go nuts over 6 games by any means, either 6 great games, or 6 poor games. This year, I'm all for Joe, I fully got his back. But, this season it's put up or shut up time.

:gosox2: