Ozzie Guillen and his tinkering

sox-r-us

So we are 4-1 and trying to sweep the Twinkies and focking Guillen begins his tinkering

Why was Pods benched yesterday instead of Ozuna after his first two games in the Twinkie dome?

Why was Iguchi benched in one of the games in the Twinkie dome?

Why is AJ rested today for Widger? Why is Ozuna playing instead of Uribe?

I swear Guillen is as bad as Jerry M in terms of tinkering. I know the bench should play too to be useful when needed, but we are playing our freaking division rivals right now. We have a chance to get ahead 5 games in the division when the first 15 games are done. And this dumbass decides to rest the hot players killing all momentum. We have an off day tomorrow too.

I swear Ozzie sucks at some of his decisions. :banghead

Of course, now Widger will go and have a career day to prove me wrong :chair

Edited by sox-r-us

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) Podsednik was benched for Ozuna because Podsednik is a lefty and they were facing a nasty lefty pitcher. It was a bad matchup for him.

2.) Willie had good numbers against Kyle Lohse. Ozzie played the lefty against the righty. Managers do this all the time.

3.) A.J. has caught five games in a row. Ya think he may need a rest?

4.) Uribe is sick so Ozuna is starting in his place today.

Edited by Jabroni

What did Ozuna do yesterday? Have you compared to what Pods is doing?

And if he had to play why was he not replacing Crede...you know the guy who was single handedly responsible for that error that led to the Torri H HR.

I agree with you there. Maybe Ozzie doesn't trust Ozuna's defense at 3rd base to give him a start there.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
Are you expecting A.J. to catch 162 games straight or something? :huh

Hell no, but like I said, when you are playing against your division with a day off the next day, you should field your best team period.

What part of that you do not understand?

And to the person who said Pods was benched yesterday because of the tough lefty-lefty matchup against Santana, then wy was AJ not benched yesterday and made to play today instead?

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
What did Ozuna do yesterday? Have you compared to what Pods is doing?

And if he had to play why was he not replacing Crede...you know the guy who was single handedly responsible for that error that led to the Torri H HR.

Hitting in the .210's is awesome for podsednik and that was not an error by cruddy.

Hell no, but like I said, when you are playing against your division with a day off the next day, you should field your best team period.

What part of that you do not understand?

And to the person who said Pods was benched yesterday because of the tough lefty-lefty matchup against Santana, then wy was AJ not benched yesterday and made to play today instead?

And when you don't give your starting catcher a day off after starting 5 straight games, his knees will turn to jelly, and he will be burned out for future games against your division rivals.

I'm sure A.J. was started against the Twins last night to once again f*** with the Twins' hitters. Before the series began, Jacque Jones even told his teammates not to listen to the crap A.J. would taunt them with from behind the plate.

"What part of that you do not understand?"

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
How exactly? Ozzie tinkers as much as Jerry M if not more. And Ozzie has yet to win anything more than Jerry did.

read jabroni's post.

gives reasons for why oz did what he did.

They all seem pretty right to me.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
Hitting in the .210's is awesome for podsednik and that was not an error by cruddy.

It may not have officially counted as an error, but he was responsible for that. Uribe had a shot if Crede had only let it go.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
It may not have officially counted as an error, but he was responsible for that. Uribe had a shot if Crede had only let it go.

By the time it would have gotten to uribe he would have beat it out.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
And when you don't give your starting catcher a day off after starting 5 straight games, his knees will turn to jelly, and he will be burned out for future games against your division rivals.

I'm sure A.J. was started against the Twins last night to once again f*** with the Twins' hitters.  Before the series began, Jacque Jones even told his teammates not to listen to the crap A.J. would taunt them with from behind the plate.

"What part of that you do not understand?"

That sure worked out well :rolly

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
We got beat yesterday, plan and simple.

We won the series, we're playing another game RIGHT NOW

I know that and my post was intended based on the game we are playing RIGHT NOW

Rowand 0.125

Ozuna 0.200

Widger 0.000

Crede 0.182