Pistons@ bulls.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Why is everybody picking on Davis and not Hinrich?  They both f***ed it up.

He shot a twenty foot jumper at the end of the fourth when he had an open man and did something else stupid in over time.

Hinrich made a mistake or two, but when he had the ball and brought it up court I thought he did just fine breaking the press. He also made a nice pass into the low post to AD but Wallace made a hell of a defensive play to knock it away. Of course it wouldn't of came to that if Davis went to grab the ball instead of let it hit him with his hands at his side.

Still, as long as the Bulls learn from this I'll be alright with the loss.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
I said they "both" f***ed it up.  But I expect more of Hinrich being the pg.

I expect AD to be a good passer considering he's been in the league for how long now. He made an awful decision and through into triple coverage. I have no idea how that is anyones fault but Davis'. At the same time the Bulls didn't make shots in the end and just plane got out of rhythm.

Davis made a mistake, but the game shouldn't of been that close at that point anyway. The Bulls backed off and didn't execute offensively after getting up 8 in OT and it bit them in the ass.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
I expect AD to be a good passer considering he's been in the league for how long now.  He made an awful decision and through into triple coverage.  I have no idea how that is anyones fault but Davis'.  At the same time the Bulls didn't make shots in the end and just plane got out of rhythm.

Davis made a mistake, but the game shouldn't of been that close at that point anyway.  The Bulls backed off and didn't execute offensively after getting up 8 in OT and it bit them in the ass.

True. But the two turovers by Hinrich kept the Pistons in the game. And it's not like he was pressured, he was gettin cute out there and it cost us.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
True.  But the two turovers by Hinrich kept the Pistons in the game.  And it's not like he was pressured,  he was gettin cute out there and it cost us.

If Curry is the one he puts that ball into, you got 2 points. He had tremendous position and just didn't go after it. I'm not blaming one of those turnovers on Hinrich. It was all Davis not taking the initiative and instead waiting for the ball to hit him in his hands (he didn't even reach out for the ball).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
If Curry is the one he puts that ball into, you got 2 points.  He had tremendous position and just didn't go after it.  I'm not blaming one of those turnovers on Hinrich.  It was all Davis not taking the initiative and instead waiting for the ball to hit him in his hands (he didn't even reach out for the ball).

Will agree to disagree. I put both of those on Hinrich. You could sense that when we went up 8 he was gettin cute out there.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Will agree to disagree.  I put both of those on Hinrich.  You could sense that when we went up 8 he was gettin cute out there.

Fair enough. I know one thing, I'm glad this happened now so they can have this memory in the back of their mind come playoff time.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 03:43 AM)
I'm just pissed cuz I think the Bulls are better than Detroit right now and it makes me sick that they threw the game away like they did.

Rip, Sheed, and Tayshaun all had pretty bad games. I haven't even examined all of the game stats yet, but they were bricking shots left and right. However, in a 7 game series, we don't stand a chance. We might be able to force a game 6 if we're lucky. That is a motherf***ing defensive powerhouse they got over there & they have rings for a reason. I have my money on Detroit to come out of the East. And like everyone else, the only team I see challenging them is Miami. The Bulls are just way too raw right now, although I can't blame anyone for having high hopes.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 11, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
Rip, Sheed, and Tayshaun all had pretty bad games.  I haven't even examined all of the game stats yet, but they were bricking shots left and right.  However, in a 7 game series, we don't stand a chance.  We might be able to force a game 6 if we're lucky.  That is a motherf***ing defensive powerhouse they got over there & they have rings for a reason.  I have my money on Detroit to come out of the East.  And like everyone else, the only team I see challenging them is Miami.  The Bulls are just way too raw right now, although I can't blame anyone for having high hopes.

I agree. This is a learning year for the Bulls, as far as the playoffs go. It's hopeful they make some noise and upset Miami or Detroit, but I wouldn't bet on it.