Opposite field

BrandoFan

Between Frank, Maggs, Lee and Konerko, how many opposte field hits? If I have to see yet another outside pitch pulled to SS I am going to charge the field myself...hypothetically speaking of couse.

I also wish Maggio would realize that he is an inferior HR (and overall) hitter to Sammy Sosa, always was and always will be. It's embarassing to see our best hitter swing through so many pitches. The HR Derby win was the worst thing that happened to him and he now is starting to believe his own hype. 3 f***ing walks? Next year the fool will be making Sammy's money. He better start having 1100-OPS, 150-RBI seasons very soon.

2000 offense scored 100 runs more than either 2001 and 2002 line-ups despite the fact that they hit less homers and played in basically a pitcher's park. During 2000 season there were WAY more innings where Sox batted around, especially with 2 outs...Why? Because we played small ball, running bases, fouling off tough pitches, wearing pitchers out, hitting mistakes all over the field, loading the bases effortlessly with bloopers and infield singles and walks...and only THEN blowing games wide-open with one big swing...Now nearly every single hitter not named Jimenez or Olivo is trying to hit a solo shot, having to come back from 0-2, 1-2 counts and usually resulting in ugly outs. No wonder we get beat by medicore pitchers who continually get away with mistakes.

Something has got to change...