All Hail to Carlos Lee

Since Carlos Lee was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers I have seen myriad opinions. Some praising some damning. After watching Carlos against the Cubs it made me realize he was a true White Sox. A player the city and more so Sox fans, should cherish the memory of. Yes , I know I ended the sentence in a preposition. My apologies to all those nuns and priests who tried to teach me better.

His rise from "oh Lord they hit it Lee" to "damn , Carlos threw another guy out" is truly a Carl Sandburg, City of the Big Shoulders, blue collar , My Kind of Town inspirational story we can all appreciate and admire.

Now if i was a sportwriter I could tell many tales of his diamond exploits against our hated crosstown rivals, whose name never crosses my lips nor my fingertips for that matter. It is for that reason alone that we , Sox fans , as a whole, should raise a glass in salute to our dearly departed "El Caballo."

I respectually ask that if you have anything negative to say about C. Lee please refrain. This thread is a celebration of his time with us and a sincere wish for continued sucess with his new team. One thing I rarely saw when discussing the trade was that Sox management traded him to a team in a division so he could continue to

:fthecubs . Here's to you Carlos , Chicago style :cheers

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
Since Carlos Lee was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers I have seen myriad opinions. Some praising some damning. After watching Carlos against the Cubs it made me realize he was a true White Sox. A player the city and more so Sox fans, should cherish the memory of. Yes , I know I ended the sentence in a preposition. My apologies to all those nuns and priests who tried to teach me better.

His rise from "oh Lord they hit it Lee" to "damn , Carlos threw another guy out" is truly a Carl Sandburg, City of the Big Shoulders, blue collar , My Kind of Town  inspirational story we can all appreciate and admire.

Now if i was a sportwriter I could tell many tales of his diamond exploits against our hated crosstown rivals, whose name never crosses my lips nor my fingertips for that matter. It is for that reason alone that we , Sox fans , as a whole, should raise a glass in salute to our dearly departed "El Caballo."

I respectually ask that if you have anything negative to say about C. Lee please refrain. This thread is a celebration  of his time with us and a sincere wish for continued sucess with his new team. One thing I rarely saw when discussing the trade was that Sox management traded him to a team in a division so he could continue to

:fthecubs . Here's to you Carlos , Chicago style  :cheers

See bold type above......"never crosses my fingertips" indeed........:P :D

and I agree...... :cheers to you, C Lee!

Best of luck in Brewtown!!!!

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
Him not taking out runners was what Ozzie was talking about and then he does it with the friggin Brewers.

Oh well, I like Podzilla in left. Anyone know how bad is groin pull is. (Insert joke here)

I was pulling his groin last night and everything seemed fine.

I think Carlos took offense to Ozzie saying 'He slid like his wife was playing 2nd'

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 08:56 AM)
I was pulling his groin last night and everything seemed fine.

I think Carlos took offense to Ozzie saying 'He slid like his wife was playing 2nd'

He was told to take out the shortstop, and Carlos asked him out on date.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
Carlos Lee hit a line drive off Mark Redman's knee today knocking him to the ground and eventually out of the game the next inning when Redman experienced stiffness in the knee.

THE KNEE SEEKER!!!

For anyone who knows Illinois athletics...dare I say Cassio Pero? :lol: :P

I miss Carlos, but lets not forget the bitter rivalry between the Sox and the Brew Crew.

I hated the Brewers and not much has changed with me since they went to the National league.

And his little tough guy attitude when he was beaned in the preseason left a sour taste in my mouth.

I appreciate all he did for our club, but now he's out. As far as I'm concerned, he's the enemy.

I'll raise my glass to Podsednik.