Damaso Marte

Butter Parque

I was seeing cracks in Damaso's armor last year, and knowing how relievers seem to come and go, I was an advocate for considering including Marte in the right trade. Of course, I was totally shot down here, but that's ok. That's what makes this board special. I hope he can turn things around to where he was two years ago, but I have a gut feeling he's on a gradual slide.

His main flaw yesterday was he wasnt fooling anyone away, nobody chased his stuff, AND he was missing the outside corner. A little more aggression would probably shore up his appearances nicely. He wouldnt be getting behind as often and would keep guys on their heels.

Edited by ZeroHour

They talked during the spring about wanting to get Damaso to bust the lefties in on the hands a little more. Also you could tell either his release point was bad, or he wasn't following through properly as he was leaving a lot of pitches up. It didn't sound like that yesterday, but I only listened on the radio too FWIW.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 07:36 AM)
They talked during the spring about wanting to get Damaso to bust the lefties in on the hands a little more.  Also you could tell either his release point was bad, or he wasn't following through properly as he was leaving a lot of pitches up.  It didn't sound like that yesterday, but I only listened on the radio too FWIW.

Yeah, that's been his problem. Releasing too early and no follow throughs. Hopefully he could get it down.

QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
like Manuel had a choice...

Hmm....Marte, Cliff or Mike Jackson?

Cliff or Jackson weren't here when Manuel was here.

They both came last year and Manuel's last year was 2003.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Cliff or Jackson weren't here when Manuel was here.

They both came last year and Manuel's last year was 2003.

rats, i could have sworn mike jackson was here for 2 years.

oh well ..... Marte or....?

Tim Fortugno?

First post on the site. :D

His control isnt the only thing that bothers me. He has no life on that breaking ball. It used to a nasty sweeper. I thought it was one of the best breaking balls in the AL. Now, it's not doing anything. He's a one pitch pitcher at this point and his fastball is very hittable when hitters can lay off the slurve.

Edited by TaylorStSox

QUOTE(TaylorStSox @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
First post on the site.  :D

His control isnt the only thing that bothers me. He has no life on that breaking ball. It used to a nasty sweeper. I thought it was one of the best breaking balls in the AL. Now, it's not doing anything. He's a one pitch pitcher at this point and his fastball is very hittable when hitters can lay off the slurve.

Welcome to soxtalk.