Kerry/Lugar might have revealed undercover agent

southsider2k5

To be fair, they don't know if the agent that Kerry blew anyone's cover at the moment, and if he did that would be a big problem... but it provides a convenient aside for people who want to forget that UN Ambassador nominee John Bolton had a terrible confirmation hearing and might get thrown under the bus in the next couple of days.

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
To be fair, they don't know if the agent that Kerry blew anyone's cover at the moment, and if he did that would be a big problem... but it provides a convenient aside for people who want to forget that UN Ambassador nominee John Bolton had a terrible confirmation hearing and might get thrown under the bus in the next couple of days.

Of course they aren't going to come out and SAY that they blew their cover. The CIA is in damage control now because every media outlet just published the name of an undercover op. Its just common sense if you are going to be working with American intelligence you maintain secrecy. Then again when the Republicians did this it was a big deal, now that JFK is involved it is a back page thing on Yahoo Asia...

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)

Who wants to be fair? Kerry's a tool.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
Of course they aren't going to come out and SAY that they blew their cover.  The CIA is in damage control now because every media outlet just published the name of an undercover op.  Its just common sense if you are going to be working with American intelligence you maintain secrecy.  Then again when the Republicians did this it was a big deal, now that JFK is involved it is a back page thing on Yahoo Asia...

If every media outlet said it, why can you only find it on Yahoo! Asia?

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)

I disagree. I think he stood up to partisan attacks just fine and will be confirmed.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
Go ahead and pick at my wording all you like, but Lugar and Kerry should have their security clearences stripped for being so stupid.

This doesn't surprise me at all. I tend to vote Republican more often than not, but I'll NEVER vote for Lugar. He's a complete momotard. Dare I say that I even respect Kerry more than Lugar's dumb ass.

I've met Lugar and I think he's a genuinely nice man, one who more often than not (in matters of expertise) puts principle ahead of party which is something you don't often see in politics these days. And as far as foreign policy goes, he's genius.

I do say that I think his age is beginning to get the best of him these days.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
This doesn't surprise me at all.  I tend to vote Republican more often than not, but I'll NEVER vote for Lugar.  He's a complete momotard.  Dare I say that I even respect Kerry more than Lugar's dumb ass.

Wow! I've met him too and I respectfullt disagree with this. I think he, more than most in DC, seems to genuinely care about people back home.

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
I've met Lugar and I think he's a genuinely nice man, one who more often than not (in matters of expertise) puts principle ahead of party which is something you don't often see in politics these days. And as far as foreign policy goes, he's genius.

My disdain for Lugar stems from the way that he panders to seniors at the expense of the rest of us. I'm sure that he's a nice person, but I'll never vote for him.

I don't know much about Lugar's foreign policy record, but wasn't he the one who suggested after 9/11 that the use of nucear weapons in Afghanistan would be a viable option?

Or maybe he's just looking out for his own self interest. The guy is well into his seventies you know :).

I don't believe he did suggest the use of nuclear weapons in Afghanistan, it doesn't fit with his foreign policy modus operandi. Lugar is an internationalist in the grandest sense, which is part of the reason why a lot of people think he might show some serious pause before voting for Bolton for UN Ambassador. He's also been one of the sole critics of Bush foreign policy from his own party.