$50k or Rabbit Stew

southsider2k5

The best part of this is that they received death threats. In the bass-ackwards world, if you threaten a rabbit, you will be threatened to be killed. Like these religious kooks who blow up abortion centers. I may or may not agree with abortion (lets not start that discussion), but I wouldn't start killing people to stop it.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
The best part of this is that they received death threats.  In the bass-ackwards world, if you threaten a rabbit, you will be threatened to be killed.  Like these religious kooks who blow up abortion centers.  I may or may not agree with abortion (lets not start that discussion), but I wouldn't start killing people to stop it.

But killing and eating a rabbit is cruelty to animals. (damn tree huggers)

Man, I'm as much of a pinko-commie-liberal, but this is stupid.

Hey dips***s: send that money to Africa to buy drugs for kids with HIV or for AIDS orphans, donate it to the local food shelter, send it to a rape crisis center. Idiots!

Eating a little rabbit does not even RANK on my scale of world injustices....

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
My grandmother would have just shut the hell up and cooked the rabbit.

Sounds like my great-gramma. She and great-grampa raised rabbits for food. My mom said neither her nor my great-gramma could eat the rabbits after caring for them, but I guess great-grampa loved rabbit. :puke

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
Sounds like my great-gramma.  She and great-grampa raised rabbits for food.  My mom said neither her nor my great-gramma could eat the rabbits after caring for them, but I guess great-grampa loved rabbit.  :puke

I've had wild rabbit before. I didn't care for it at all. It was a very greasy, pungeant meat. Very wild tasting.

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
My dad grew up dirt poor in France. rabbit and horse = cheap meat.

Now, its delicacy.

I've heard horse actually is really gross....

But my grandparents loved rabbit.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
I've had wild rabbit before.  I didn't care for it at all.  It was a very greasy, pungeant meat.  Very wild tasting.

Rabbit tastes good, if you prepare it right. Seriously, prepare it just like youwould chicken. No, it doesn't taste like chicken, but does taste good. Used to hunt them (and squirrells, too) all the time with my dad, but we don't get out too much anymore.