Tickets and Parking

giantsfankev

Hi guys,

Giants fan here, living in Chicago. Hope you guys are enjoying AJ...we don't really miss him! :-)

I have two questions: Would I be better off buying tickets for Saturday's game online, or at the ballpark? Also, the website lists the parking at $17...That seems like a lot. Are there other lots nearby for less?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

You can park downtown and take the red line right to the park.

A lot of parking lots downtown are $5 on the weekends.

I would get the tickets online if you want good seats. It MAY be a hot ticket if the weather is nice, and/or they sweep Cleveland.

Have fun at the game. Mreye's advice is great. You won't find anywhere legal around the ballpark to park that is less than $17. Don't risk parking somewhere you should not, or you will be ticketed and/or towed. The train ride is only $1.75 each way IIRC, and it is well worth it.

I always liked printing of tickets and not worrying about the box office.

Theres a parking lot at Wabash and Monroe near the Shubert Theatre, the red line is literally across the street at State.

I dont know how much it is on weekends, its still the theatre district. Most of State St. is heavy weekend type stuff, so I dont know if the lots wil be much cheaper.

You have to take the $4 round trip/person the red line will add.

If you do park at the Cell, I suggest avoiding lot B.

Have fun at the game.  Mreye's advice is great.  You won't find anywhere legal around the ballpark to park that is less than $17.  Don't risk parking somewhere you should not, or you will be ticketed and/or towed.  The train ride is only $1.75 each way IIRC, and it is well worth it.

Gotta, agree. with Eye and SS..

Also you love the experince of talking to the Bums!!

Best Place to park is 2 blocks west of the House of Blues, there is a Parking lot on LaSalle. $6 for weekend parking, and 2 blocks from the redline Grand Stop. You also could hit my fav. pre-game spot.. Rock Bottom, grab some good beer and head down to the game.

For parking you could go to Jimbo's 33rd and Princeton, ask for a parking pass. They'll give you one if you promise to return it after the game and suck back some food and drink in there. You can also try the same thing at Shinnock's 38th and Union, or have a pre -game lunch at Shaller's 38th and Halsted and park in their lot for free and walk to the game.

QUOTE(giantsfankev @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
Hi guys,

Giants fan here, living in Chicago. Hope you guys are enjoying AJ...we don't really miss him! :-)

I have two questions: Would I be better off buying tickets for Saturday's game online, or at the ballpark? Also, the website lists the parking at $17...That seems like a lot. Are there other lots nearby for less?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

Why are you going to a sox game if you are a Giants fan?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Is this the second straight year of bumping parking a dollar? I think it was 15 in 03, 16 in 04 and now 17? These guys increase prices more than the damn post office

Yes it is. And actually I think it was $10 in 2000.