Number 2 with a bullet

SoIL

Thats very surprising to see them jump that far...Esp above the Red Sawks and Yankmees...Most people stroke to pick them...most important thing is though where the Sox are by late July and August to me... these polls not mean a whole hell of a lot....

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(SoIL @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 11:45 AM)
Agreed. I was just surprised to see that big of a jump. Especially after 7 games.

That is quite a stunner. You'd think that they'd give the BoSox and the Yanks a free pass cuz they were playing each other so much.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
About the thread title, where is that quote from?  I keep hearing all these references to number "(blank)" with a bullet.

I believe it comes from radio. It refers to a song climbing the charts (becoming more popular).

I haven't looked at it yet but I'm guessing the Braves are #1 right now since they also have a 5-2 record. But jumping half the league surprises me too. This is baseball and it's only been one week. That'd be like winning 1 game in football and jumping half the league.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
The Weekly Top 40 show right?  I can't remember who the original host of it was.

I don't know exactly. I've heard that saying for as long as I can remember. Casey Kasem might indeed be the originator.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
I believe the expression came from Billboard magazine.

I wouldn't doubt that either. Considering Billboard was (is?) the main source for record sales (charts) information for many years. I think I read they dropped the charts a few years ago, but my memory can be faulty from time to time.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Wow even ESPN has us at #4.  I for one am shocked and appalled.  How are we supposed to fly under the radar if everyone is ranking us so high?

Make a banner that has Dimitri Young's statement about the division being decided between Detroit and Cleveland, and hang it up on the ESPN studio set. :ph34r:

Anyways, it's clearly obvious that the Sox have been playing among the most complete games thus far, so they deserve to be where they are...