Piniero pushed up against Sox

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
Next year, I think.

Daisuke Matsuzaka: pitcher from Japan- eligible for free agency in Japan in 2007(will make 2.4M in 2005 with the Seibu Lions)

He may come over sooner though like ichiro did.

You can believe with the success that most are seeing in the Japanese players that are coming over of late, I believe it will be very tough for the Sox to get a hold of Daisuke Matsuzaka. Even though they may have an inside track with Iguchi and Shingo but a lot of teams will want him....price will probably be very high for him.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
You can believe with the success that most are seeing in the Japanese players that are coming over of late, I believe it will be very tough for the Sox to get a hold of Daisuke Matsuzaka. Even though they may have an inside track with Iguchi and Shingo but a lot of teams will want him....price will probably be very high for him.

Wouldn't the Sox have to bid on his negotiating rights since he's leaving early??? I don't know if the Sox would be down for that unless he really wants to play with the White ox and he really was worth it.

I don't think the Sox are going to big money on another pitcher anytime soon guys. First of all all 5 starting pitchers are owned by the Sox through at least the end of 2006. Secondly, if anyone stumbles, Brandon McCarthy is the next in line for a starting gig. That makes 6 starters lined up for two full seasons.