Sox-related Presents

SouthSidePride05

For my 30th my wife got me a Big Hurt pinball machiene. It''s one of the best presents I have ever received. It combines two of my favorites: pinball and the White Sox. After I got it I went to a Soxfest and brought the directions card that sits inside the glass and had him sign it.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
For my 30th my wife got me a Big Hurt pinball machiene. It''s one of the best presents I have ever received. It combines two of my favorites: pinball and the White Sox. After I got it I went to a Soxfest and brought the directions card that sits inside the glass and had him sign it.

Is it full size ptatc...??? That's a cool gift.

I can't remember the coolest Sox gift I've gotten... I think all the stuff is cool. :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
Is it full size ptatc...??? That's a cool gift.

I can't remember the coolest Sox gift I've gotten... I think all the stuff is cool.  :lol:

Yes, it's a full sized one. It was used from an arcade. I love to tinker around with it. It has a glove to aim for and lights like a stadium. That's why it's the best of the many I have received.

i was actually going to post something similar to this later in the month...

last month for my birthday, my soon to be wife, got me one of those Sox Ultimate Fan Experience packages.

on April 29th, (Maggs first game vs the Sox) I get to bum around on the field during batting practice and then get to sit-down with one of (4) sox players, (yet to be determined), for 30 minutes to chat and get autographs signed.

pretty sweet!

:gosoxretro:

About 10 years ago I was going out with a woman, who although sweet, was not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box. For my birthday she got me personalized license plates for my car. It read CHICSX. I asked her about CHISOX and she said someone else in the province of Ontario had them. I never checked up on her claim, but I suspected she just blew it. During the ensuing year I had about 10 curious and somewhat irate women approach me in parking lots wondering if I was advertising for CHIC SEX. At first I found the response kinda funny. My next girl friend did not see the humour. The license plates now reside in the bottom of a closet somewhere. :lol:

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
i was actually going to post something similar to this later in the month...

last month for my birthday, my soon to be wife, got me one of those Sox Ultimate Fan Experience packages.

on April 29th, (Maggs first game vs the Sox) I get to bum around on the field during batting practice and then get to sit-down with one of (4) sox players, (yet to be determined), for 30 minutes to chat and get autographs signed.

pretty sweet!

:gosoxretro:

so, what do you plan to say to Shingo and Gooch?

for some reason, position players are the only one's available for the sit-down. no pitchers allowed. my 4 choices are thomas, konerko, rowand and dye.

It would be cool to get Tadahito, but I'm not sure how fun the sit-down conversation would be? :banghead

probably the longest and most awkward 30 minutes of my life.

Edited by jasonxctf

The coolest gift? I received a candle with a Sox logo on it from my die-hard Cub fan uncle. With it was a note"Tom. in honor of your new team, here is a candle to represent them. " In honor of them, you light the candle before each game, and then as you watch that candle burn down and burn out by the end of the year,....you can watch your team do the same." (Why is that a cool gift???) Here's why!!!! It prompted me to get revenge! (And a SWEET ONE IT WAS!!!) I sent 2 packages in return. 1st one has 2 baseball cards. Ron Santo and Don Kessinger when they played with The Sox . Ron's caption to Don...."Gee Don, you're the smarter one out of us both!It only took you 11 years to figure out the right team to play for, It took me 13 years. " Don's reply, "Yeah, well someone has us both beat. "(I inserted a 1964 Cubs Lou Brock card in remeberance of what they traded away, and his caption was"Yeah guys,I got you both beat! It only took me 2 years and I got a World Series ring to prove it!)(with the St Louis Cards!!) My uncle opened up his second package. On E-bay, I found a 1969 New York Mets video highlights VHS. For those of you not too familiar with that year, The Cubs had an allstar starting infield and were in 1st place from day one until Sept 13 and "BLEW IT TO THE METS!!! If it wasn't for that candle gift, the sweet revenge never would have happened!

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)
What's been your favorite Sox-related present you've received? Not something you bought for yourself..

My birthday was over the weekend and my coworkers made me a cake in the form of a baseball with the Sox logo and 'Go White Sox' on it.  Coolest cake I've ever seen!  They know me well  :headbang .

Last year for my bday my dad gave me plane tickets and money for tickets to see the Sox play Boston in August. I'm hoping for the same this year, but to make it up for the Dodger series.

It was totally sweet.

I got a 'poster' of sorts that was given out by Old Style to various bars and such. It is a diamond shape, about 2.5 feet on each side, and in the middle has a montage of sox pics, baseball card pics, and a salute to Old Cominsky Park. The coolest part if that it had the names of every sox player that ever played for the sox in alphabetical order, followed by the years they played for the Sox after their names. The players that were currectly playing had the dates open ended ( 1992 - ). I love that piece. But then again, I also love the White Sox bank my son bought me as well.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 06:20 PM)
Last year for my bday my dad gave me plane tickets and money for tickets to see the Sox play Boston in August.  I'm hoping for the same this year, but to make it up for the Dodger series. 

It was totally sweet.

the sunday night game is my birthday, i got kickass seats. So pumped. :D

My girlfriend just bought me a sweet Sox shirt and got us tickets to friday's game against the Mariners. The seats are right behind the Sox dugout. She said she got the seats and a parking pass for free, which is even better. :headbang

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
About 10 years ago I was going out with a woman, who although sweet, was not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box.  For my birthday she got me personalized license plates for my car.  It read CHICSX.  I asked her about CHISOX and she said someone else in the province of Ontario had them.  I never checked up on her claim, but I suspected she just blew it.  During the ensuing year I had about 10 curious and somewhat irate women approach me in parking lots wondering if I was advertising for CHIC SEX.  At first I found the response kinda funny.  My next girl friend did not see the humour.  The license plates now reside in the bottom of a closet somewhere.  :lol:

That may not be the coolest gift listed in this thread, but it's certainly the best story. :)