Nocioni suspended for a bullshit elbowing call.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
No clue where that was from...

Anyways, it's only a matter of time before "unintentional" shots become too much to be considered an accident.  I respect playing hard, but I, personally, don't want to have a thug on my team.  Noc can develop into a solid player without having to be a thug and play dirty.  Frustrating lebron, for example, is acceptable...But as I said in the game thread, I didn't like how that elbow looked.  It's not like he has a clean slate and this was hist first offense...

I applaud stern and the league for making an aggressive decision.  He's clearly head-above-shoulders when it comes to sports commisioners.

Stern is a joke who caters to big name coaches and players. If the situation had been reversed and it had been a bull on the recieving end and a piston on the throwing end, Brown would have been on TV saying it was an innocent thing, and stern would have done nothing.

Watch the play.

Noc puts a deke move on Prince. Prince's footing gets cause up, which causes him to get his feet spread wide, and for his face to come down to a lower level. While Prince is off balance he reaches towards Noc. Noc tries to put his arms up to breakaway from Prince's grab, only Prince's face is at Noc's elbow height and he gets hit with a glancing blow off to the side of his eye.

To call it intentional is just wrong.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)
Stern is a joke who caters to big name coaches and players.  If the situation had been reversed and it had been a bull on the recieving end and a piston on the throwing end, Brown would have been on TV saying it was an innocent thing, and stern would have done nothing.

Watch the play. 

Noc puts a deke move on Prince.  Prince's footing gets cause up, which causes him to get his feet spread wide, and for his face to come down to a lower level.  While Prince is off balance he reaches towards Noc.  Noc tries to put his arms up to breakaway from Prince's grab, only Prince's face is at Noc's elbow height and he gets hit with a glancing blow off to the side of his eye.

To call it intentional is just wrong.

He caters to big name coaches and players? That's why he suspended Artest for the season and Jermaine O'Neal for 50 games?

Stern is the best commisioner in sports, by far.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
He caters to big name coaches and players?  That's why he suspended Artest for the season and Jermaine O'Neal for 50 games?

Stern is the best commisioner in sports, by far.

Who was the opposing coach? Plus he had zero choice in the matter. Artest got off light compared to what he could have gotten.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
He attempted to though and with the whole Detroit thing, the league basically has a zero tolerance policy for that stuff. Look at Noc's suspension. He barely touched him and the refs didn't even call a foul on him. Hell Tayshaun flopped and it was very clear.

Reminded me of the old Ali fight and the "shadow punch".

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Who was the opposing coach?  Plus he had zero choice in the matter.  Artest got off light compared to what he could have gotten.

Stern caters to larry brown???

Good one. :lol:

Being suspended over 60 games isn't light; it's actually even more strict when compared to the p*ssy (Can I say that on here?) punishments that other leagues hand out...

He did have a choice and made the right call.