Hawk Quote

SnB

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
There was one time during a ST game years ago when it was Hawk and Wimpy, and there was a shot of some woman in a bikini...

Hawk made some over-the-top comment about the shots they get of woman (I can't remember exactly what it was so I won't state what it is as a quote).  I'm pretty sure it was along the lines of "we get the best beaver shots in all of baseball"

well there was obviously silence for a few seconds with muffled laughter in the background... finally Wimpy gets it together and simply says

"That's Ken Harrelson, courtesey of Sportschannel"

it was simply hilarious

It was in Oakland about 10 years ago. Every shot was of a well endowed woman in a bikini and Hawk said to Wimpy," Wimpy, I'll tell you one thing about this camera crew in Oakland-------------- they're the best beaver shooters in the league." I couldn't believe it. I thought he might get in trouble.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 06:22 AM)
It was in Oakland about 10 years ago. Every shot was of a well endowed woman in a bikini and Hawk said to Wimpy," Wimpy, I'll tell you one thing about this camera crew in Oakland-------------- they're the best beaver shooters in the league." I couldn't believe it. I thought he might get in trouble.

Hilarious!!!! I Luuuv Beavers!!! :bang

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 06:22 AM)

I'm so glad someone else remembers this! I always knew I heard it, just glad I have some verification now!

I recall hearing the story of Harrelson and Drysdale announcing a game.

A hitter breaks his bat fouling off a pitch, and gets a new piece of lumber.

He promptly fouls off the next pitch, breaking the second bat.

To which Hawk comments, "Double D, it's just like I've always said ... it's hard to find a good piece of ash."

:lol:

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
I recall hearing the story of Harrelson and Drysdale announcing a game.

A hitter breaks his bat fouling off a pitch, and gets a new piece of lumber.

He promptly fouls off the next pitch, breaking the second bat.

To which Hawk comments, "Double D, it's just like I've always said ... it's hard to find a good piece of ash."

:lol:

LMAO!!!