Sopranos may go for lucky #7....

Steff

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/sto...9p-256191c.html

Imperioli: 'Sopranos'

may see 7th season

By RICHARD HUFF

DAILY NEWS TV EDITOR

'Sopranos' star Michael Imperioli (r.) joins Dennis Farina on 'Law & Order' for 4 shows.

'Sopranos" cast member Michael Imperioli yesterday gave fans a little hope that there might be a seventh season of the popular mob drama.

Production on the sixth season of "The Sopranos," which had been labeled the last by creator David Chase and HBO, starts April 29.

"I look forward to getting back to work," Imperioli said on a conference call yesterday. "I'm not sure it's the last season."

But, he added, all things have to come to an end.

Imperioli, who plays Christopher Moltisanti, Tony Soprano's nephew, said that because he had yet to hear officially from Chase that the sixth season would be the last, he thought there could be a seventh season.

But Chase has said previously the show would end after the next season, targeted to return to HBO in early 2006.

"He said that about the fifth season as well," noted Imperioli, who begins a four-episode run on "Law & Order" on April 27. "I heard a month ago [that] we're going to do a seventh. Then, not a seventh."

Imperioli said until he heard officially from Chase that the upcoming season was the last, he still thought there could be more.

Reached yesterday, an HBO spokeswoman reiterated that Chase had publicly stated the sixth season would be the end.

The current plan calls for at least 10 new episodes in the sixth season, maybe 13. When they air, it will have been more than a year-and-a-half since the last time HBO viewers saw a new episode.

In the past, when pressed on more seasons, Chase has said he was concerned about being able to come up with enough good storylines.

"I don't know if there is [a concern]," Imperioli said when asked about having enough stories. "That's a real David decision...

"I would like it to go on," Imperioli added. "I can do it for another few years."

He said he expects Chase to have an answer on a seventh season when the cast returns to work.

How does he expect the show to end, when it finally does finish up?

"I always thought the story was going to end tragically, for all of us," Imperioli said. "I don't think it's going to be pretty."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
I'll be happy when they get the 6th season on TV, let alone worrying about a 7th season right now.

Filming is supposed to start this month or next. I'll post if I hear anything else.

I've also heard Furio is coming back this season.

EDIT: Filming is to start in May

Edited by KipWellsFan