Andrea Dworkin Dies

LowerCaseRepublican

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
So, the crown in your avatar is from Burger King?  Gotcha.  :lol:

I can't even see the damn thing except when I'm at home. But that's a bit of an inside joke stemming from a former poster.. SS2K put it there so maybe ask him.

Is there a reason you're acting like such a child..? :huh

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
I can't even see the damn thing except when I'm at home. But that's a bit of an inside joke stemming from a former poster.. SS2K put it there so maybe ask him. 

Is there a reason you're acting like such a child..?  :huh

Hey thats a damn lie... your sig even has a crown!!! :ph34r: :P

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
forget it apparently you didnt see your quote

I can't see it at work for some reason. I can't any of the pictures you guys post. The only things I can see are the pictures I upload. I also can't get onto sites like ESPN or CNNSI. It's stupid. I remember seeing it when Mike first put in on there.. which was a while ago.. I remember there are some bowing smileys. :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)

Is there a reason you're acting like such a child..?  :huh

The next time that you offer a "general response" (i.e., not directed at any one person), I'd suggest that you not quote someone else's post in your response. The entire purpose of that is to make a specific response and most reasonable people will assume that your comments are directed towards them. And don't make condescending remarks towards that person for making the logical conclusion. That serves no purpose but to make you look "childish," as you say.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
The next time that you offer a "general response" (i.e., not directed at any one person), I'd suggest that you not quote someone else's post in your response.  The entire purpose of that is to make a specific response and most reasonable people will assume that your comments are directed towards them.  And don't make condescending remarks towards that person for making the logical conclusion.  That serves no purpose but to make you look "childish," as you say.

Ahh.. I didn't know there was a rule that a response had to be specific to the previous quote. Mods.. can we get that in the "rule" listing please..

Lots of times that mistake is made.. usually isn't such a big deal.

Well.. I'm really sorry that posting my opinion out of sequence and in error as a response to your post has upset you so badly. I'll be sure to be extra careful in the future when responding to your posts.

And yea.. I am being condescending because I thought after I cleared up my response you continued to question my explanation. Really.. I don't give a crap what language you or anyone else uses to spew your hate here. I don't judge people based on their comments.. and I don't go around posting that others think they are better than others when they don't agree with me or choose to take a higher road. I think that's ignorant.

As far as I'm concerned this is done. I've said my peace. I don't have a problem with you, but if you don't like the way I speak it then maybe ignore me.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Ahh.. I didn't know there was a rule that a response had to be specific to the previous quote. Mods.. can we get that in the "rule" listing please..

Lots of times that mistake is made.. usually isn't such a big deal.

Well.. I'm really sorry that posting my opinion out of sequence and in error as a response to your post has upset you so badly. I'll be sure to be extra careful in the future when responding to your posts.

Actually, it hasn't upset me, but feel free to think so if it makes you feel better. I was just offering a common-sense suggestion to avoid future problems... and nothing more.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
Actually, it hasn't upset me, but feel free to think so if it makes you feel better.  I was just offering a common-sense suggestion to avoid future problems... and nothing more.

I added some further comments above. But I'll add one more.. if YOU have a problem with MY responses then maybe YOU should ignore them. Others, as I have seen a million times here, have questioned others responses without calling them names. Maybe try that.. ya know.. to avoid future problems..

And yea.. I am being condescending because I thought after I cleared up my response you continued to question my explanation. Really.. I don't give a crap what language you or anyone else uses to spew your hate here. I don't judge people based on their comments.. and I don't go around posting that others think they are better than others when they don't agree with me or choose to take a higher road. I think that's ignorant.

(1) I haven't "spewed hate" anywhere in this thread.

(2) If you "don't judge people," why are you labeling them as hate-spewers?

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
I added some further comments above. But I'll add one more.. if YOU have a problem with MY responses then maybe YOU should ignore them. Others, as I have seen a million times here, have questioned others responses without calling them names. Maybe try that.. ya know.. to avoid future problems..

Perhaps cutting out the condescending rhetoric ("stupid ass assumption", "I've corrected you") will give people like me less incentive to call you a ridculously benign name like "Queen Steff." If you put that in the "name-calling" category, wow, you're really reaching. It's in your freaking avatar and sig line, for Christ's sake! :lol:

I have no desire to hold a grudge against you and I'm through discussing this matter.

1. "you or anyone else"... indicating anything that "you or anyone else" may or may not do.. not that you did it.

2. telling someone to "f*** off" and calling them names is a pretty good indicator of spewing hatered towards that person... but anyone else that said something negative please feel free to correct me and they will promptly get the apology they deserve.

3. you s*** on MrEye in the thread about cats for no reason other than he asked that you not label people with the "hate filled" terms you used in that thread.. rather than accept that you may have offended people with your comments you went onto justify them... maybe you're ok with being called (sic) and calling others (sic) a backwoods hick.. but some some aren't so.. umm... lacking in grace. And no.. I don't judge people.. if I did.. I would have been gone from here loooong ago.

4. No.. Queen Steff was funny - now that I am home and see the sig ss2k put in my sig. I haven't been on from home in a long while and didn't recall what it was. You incinuating that I think I'm better than someone else because I choose not to say "f*** 'em" and cheer their death was ignorant, to me, and that, along with what you did to MrEye earlier today is what I am refering to.

Wow this is a heated one. I'm just posting my opinion, no one has to go by it or anything but it looks as if most of the women are backing up her, while most of the men are not. It's a battle of the sexes, one that will come to no end. So why don't we just respect one anothers opinions and go from there.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
Wow this is a heated one. I'm just posting my opinion, no one has to go by it or anything but it looks as if most of the women are backing up her, while most of the men are not. It's a battle of the sexes, one that will come to no end. So why don't was just respect one anothers opinions and go from there.

Okay, not to nit pick, but NO WHERE in this thread did anyone "back" up Andrea Dworkin. Essentially, what Steff and I had said was that fighting her venomous approach with an equally aggressive one doesn't make either party look good. If people disapprove of her so much they should avoid treating people, and using inflammatory and demeaning phrases like she does...

So, just wanted to say that NO ONE in this thread defended Dworkin, or her theory....

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
Fine forget it, I might as well delete my post. I see this is still kind of hot.

My point wasn't to be a b****, it was just to say that yes, there's a fight in here, but it is not about Andrea Dworkin's ideas and some people supporting them. I don't even know what the fight in here is about.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
My point wasn't to be a b****, it was just to say that yes, there's a fight in here, but it is not about Andrea Dworkin's ideas and some people supporting them. I don't even know what the fight in here is about.

Alright, fair enough. I appreciate it. I'm just trying to avoid a fight in her.

Edited by WilliamTell

As far as I'm concerned this is done. I've said my peace.

Oops, apparently not! :lol:

I remember you calling me "TheLastWord35" a few weeks ago. You're the consummate hypocrite. :rolly

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
1. "you or anyone else"... indicating anything that "you or anyone else" may or may not do.. not that you did it.

But, hey, why let the truth get in the way? :rolly

2. telling someone to "f*** off" and calling them names is a pretty good indicator of spewing hatered towards that person... but anyone else that said something negative please feel free to correct me and they will promptly get the apology they deserve.

You're just flat-out lying now. Show me where I told someone to "f*** off" or called them a name today and I'll give you a dollar. Otherwise, STFU.

3. you s*** on MrEye in the thread about cats for no reason other than he asked that you not label people with the "hate filled" terms you used in that thread.. rather than accept that you may have offended people with your comments you went onto justify them... maybe you're ok with being called (sic) and calling others (sic) a backwoods hick..

After MrEye informed me that he "disapproved" of me saying bad things about people who advocate the slaughter of domestic cats, I told him that I "don't give a rat's ass" what he thinks. That's hardly "s***ting" on him, especially considering that his comments were completely unsolicited. Do I not have the right to respond to his comments in the manner that I choose, as long as no personal insults are involved?

but some some aren't so.. umm... lacking in grace. And no.. I don't judge people..

You "don't judge people," except for me, apparently, when you tell me that I'm "lacking in grace." Again, your hypocracy is laughable. You should consider running for public office. :lol:

4.  You incinuating that I think I'm better than someone else because I choose not to say "f*** 'em" and cheer their death was ignorant, to me, and that, along with what you did to MrEye earlier today is what I am refering to.

Given that you responded directly to one of my posts with that comment, that was the logical conclusion. Why else would you consciously direct it towards ME? Then again, if that wasn't the case, so be it.

But it's rather obvious at this point that you have an agenda against me, so I'm not believing a word of your "I didn't mean it that way" explanation. You've absolutely gone out of your way to bait me today and this isn't the first time, either. Like MrEye, I don't give a rat's ass what you think of me. You're nobody special. I actually find it amusing that you're getting completely bent out of shape after YOU were the one doing the baiting. You're all bark and no bite, honey. Try expending your energy on someone who gives a crap.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Wow this is a heated one. I'm just posting my opinion, no one has to go by it or anything but it looks as if most of the women are backing up her, while most of the men are not. It's a battle of the sexes, one that will come to no end. So why don't we just respect one anothers opinions and go from there.

Oh Lord no.. I can't even post an opinion on her as I really have no clue what she's about. Just thought it was rude to disrespect someone who had died...

Eh.. I always say that but being a woman I allllways have something more to say. 5 year old boys know that much..

1. My comments speak for themselves. I didn't anywhere say you ever said such a thing.

2. Again.. I never said you did, but said I would apologize to anyone who I called a "hate spewer" if they were not in fact spewing hate. So save your buck.. might need it to buy that kitty of yours a collar.

3. Sure you do.. and I have a right to respond that they are s***ty and I don't like them. Opinions are like.. you know. And I hate to tell ya.. but this is a public message board.. if you don't want unsolicited responses you might not want to post.

4. And I further explained my reply, twice, yet you still wanted to go at it ASSuming that I meant something else.. after I told you I didn't.. You had two choices.. take my word for what it was.. or argue it.

There's no agenda other than I speak my mind and have a strong opinion. I don't think there is one person on this board that's been here more than a few weeks that doesn't know that. I hope you don't care what I think.. I'd think you were stupid if you did.. I don't get bent out of shape. It's a message board. I post my opinions, others post theirs.

Nice long post for someone who doesn't "give a crap". :lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
Eh.. I always say that but being a woman I allllways have something more to say. 5 year old boys know that much.. 

1. My comments speak for themselves. I didn't anywhere say you ever said such a thing.

2. Again.. I never said you did, but said I would apologize to anyone who I called a "hate spewer" if they were not in fact spewing hate. So save your buck.. might need it to buy that kitty of yours a collar.

3. Sure you do.. and I have a right to respond that they are s***ty and I don't like them. Opinions are like.. you know. And I hate to tell ya.. but this is a public message board.. if you don't want unsolicited responses you might not want to post.

4. And I further explained my reply, twice, yet you still wanted to go at it ASSuming that I meant something else.. after I told you I didn't.. You had two choices.. take my word for what it was.. or argue it.

There's no agenda other than I speak my mind and have a strong opinion. I don't think there is one person on this board that's been here more than a few weeks that doesn't know that. I hope you don't care what I think.. I'd think you were stupid if you did.. I don't get bent out of shape. It's a message board. I post my opinions, others post theirs.

Nice long post for someone who doesn't "give a crap".  :lolhitting

Well I've always respected your opinion. There are a lot of times where I've gotten into discussions with you, but it's just a discussion, nothing harmful or real serious. In this thread though, I really don't have that much of an opinion one way or another now that I look back at it.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
Well I've always respected your opinion. There are a lot of times where I've gotten into discussions with you, but it's just a discussion, nothing harmful or real serious. In this thread though, I really don't have that much of an opinion one way or another now that I look back at it.

I'll be the first to admit that I can be a serious pain in the ass.. what can I say.. I have a hard head. Italian and Irish blood is like that. :huh

Do I not have the right to respond to his comments in the manner that I choose, as long as no personal insults are involved?

For the record, the answer to that question is NO. You do not have the right to come on this public forum and "spew hate" with discriminatory terms that demean, degrade or insult a group of people different than yourself. ie "backwoods hicks".

I should have called you on it when it was first posted, but I decided to let it slide. However, in response to your question, I thought it was possible that you, in fact, thought you could across the board insult anyone that does not live in an urban or suburban area. Now that I have made the point perfectly clear, I would assume that it will not happen again.

Wow, look what happened....this was unreal. I guess I shouldn't have said 'f*** Her'....I didn't think about it that thoroughly when posting that. However, I will still stand by the fact that dead or alive, an asshole is an asshole.

I'm fine with all of you saying I was a f***ing scumbag, when I'm dead. Feel Free! :cheers

I hope I didn't offend anyone.