It asked what NL pitcher you would build your staff around. I can't recall exactly but I believe it was Sheets, Peavy, Hudson, Prior, Schmidt, or other. Peavy finished in dead last. When are suckas gonna know? He's 23 and led the league in era. I'm a big Schmidt guy but he's 30. SHeets has only had one year even above average although I like him. Hudson and Prior have had real injury issues. My verdict is that I'd start my staff around peavy out of that group. If it were the AL, unfortunately I'd have to go with the guy in the dome and I don't mean Carlos Silva

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
It asked what NL pitcher you would build your staff around. I can't recall exactly but I believe it was Sheets, Peavy, Hudson, Prior, Schmidt, or other. Peavy finished in dead last. When are suckas gonna know? He's 23 and led the league in era. I'm a big Schmidt guy but he's 30. SHeets has only had one year even above average although I like him. Hudson and Prior have had real injury issues. My verdict is that I'd start my staff around peavy out of that group. If it were the AL, unfortunately I'd have to go with the guy in the dome and I don't mean Carlos Silva

Hell. Nobody knows about Peavy. How often did you see the Padres last year?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Me? I actually saw them a lot but I watch more baseball than your average fan. In fact, I probably saw 7-0 of Peavy's starts. He's exceptional.

Just my luck. :angry: Anyway ..... you get my point?

I sure do. People deny the East coast bias and the evidence of recent MVP winners supports the idea that there isn't one. Still you hear MUCH more about Tim Hudson this year in Atlanta and I really think PEavy would be a star if he pitched in Chicago, St Louis, or the East Coast. He's won on a winning team so I don't know what other reasons there could be. Your point is well taken though.