Bracey=Gone

Haha, I don't know how he's going to get drafted.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/7/236506-2797-094.html

IU's Wright declares for NBA draft

Star report

April 13, 2005

Indiana guard Bracey Wright intends to forego his senior season with the Hoosiers and enter the NBA draft, IU head coach Mike Davis announced today.

"I am excited about the possibility of playing in the NBA and it has always been a dream of mine," Wright said in a prepared statement. "I want to thank Coach Davis and all of the assistant coaches for the things they have taught me. I also want to thank my teammates for being there for me throughout my career."

Wright, who has yet to sign with an agent, plans to finish his coursework for the spring semester this week and then withdraw from school.

"This is a decision I reached after talking with a lot of people and receiving a lot of input," said Wright who will close his IU career ranked 15th among the school's all-time scoring leaders. "It was a tough decision but I have thought it out very carefully and feel it is the best move for me at this time."

Wright led the Big Ten with 18.3 points per game in 2004-05, while also averaging 4.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists. He became the first Hoosier to win the league's scoring title since A.J. Guyton captured in 2000 (19.7 ppg). He also shot .413 (150-of-363) from the floor and .783 from the charity stripe.

"I think this is a great opportunity for Bracey and we all wish him the best," Indiana head coach Mike Davis said.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Dude, Bracey leaving is good news IMO. 

Yes, he won single-handedly won a lot of games for us, but he single-handedly lost more games for us.

Either way he was a real good player..

Greasy and I are on the same page on this one. I don't think IU will miss him at all. In fact, I will go as far as to say that they will play better as a team and be a better team without him.

Bracey was fun to watch, but you could just sense his selfishness. Some of it I fault him for and some blame I believe should go to Coach Davis for allowing it to happen. Bottom line is he will get his chance. I do wish him well. Perhaps he will be able to adapt to the NBA and be a great player. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet...He finally signs w/ an agent. I was getting worried....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2053547

Wright previously declared for draft, now has agent

Associated Press

HOUSTON -- Indiana guard Bracey Wright signed with a sports agent Wednesday, effectively ending his college career, according to a broadcast report.

Wright had announced last month that he would forgo his senior year of eligibility and declare for the NBA draft. But since he didn't initially sign with an agent, Wright preserved the chance to play another season for the Hoosiers.

Houston television station KRIV reported that Wright signed with Bob McClaren of McClaren Sports. Wright has been working out in Houston six days a week to prepare for the draft.

"It was a tough decision," Wright told the station. "I went back and forth with it a lot. There were some nights where I wasn't too sure about things; other nights I was. In the end I knew this was the right decision to make for myself."

The 6-foot-3 junior led the Big Ten in scoring, averaging 18.3 points as the Hoosiers finished 15-14 and missed the NCAA tournament for a second straight year. He ends his career 15th on Indiana's all-time scoring list with 1,498 points.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
So does he make the first round?

nbadraft.net had him going late in the 2nd round. Plus the likes of Salim Stoudemire are probably going to be picked ahead of him as well. He's too small for a SG but not good enough to be a PG. Perfect example of a "tweener" in the NBA.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Dude, Bracey leaving is good news IMO. 

Yes, he won single-handedly won a lot of games for us, but he single-handedly lost more games for us.

single-handed was the problem IMO... he was a BALL HOG... why waste the other four guys time... just let bracey do everything...