You Wont believe this

chisoxfan79

I was sitting here watching the Cardinals-Reds game and the Reds were up 6-5 in the ninth there were men on second and third with one out and with first base open they int walked Larry Walker to load the bases for Albert Pujols and guess what he did hit into a frickin Doulbe play. :huh

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
I was sitting here watching the Cardinals-Reds game and the Reds were up 6-5 in the ninth there were men on second and third with one out and with first base open they int walked Larry Walker to load the bases for Albert Pujols and guess what he did hit into a frickin Doulbe play. :huh

s*** happens.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)

Atleast he is upholding his stretch of games of not striking out since the season started, right?

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)

Interesting strategy. If the game had been tied, they would not have much of a choice. But since it wasn't they could have taken the chances with Walker and pitched around Pujols. I think they made the right call, though. This was a case "pick your poison". Either guy is dangerous, but putting Walker on does increase your chances of getting a DP, or even a force at the plate. Walker, batting with first open, has more of a chance to hurt you than Pujols with the force at any base scenario.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)

Well Walker is a LH... so if the pitcher was RH it makes some sense, I dont know I didnt see the game.. but hey it paid off