When Thomas returns....

Princess Dye

sure it's too early to be certain about this.... but when Thomas eventually comes back..... who would you least mind seeing benched?

in my view it wouldnt necessarily have to be Everett, who is one of our liveliest bats right now. he could play left.... either Pods or Rowand could be benched or platooned in CF. Dye is another possibility, and of course Big Frank himself.

you could rotate people around.... although having Pods and Everett platooning (both mainly lefties) doesnt make that much sense.

we need a right handed bat on the bench, if you ask me..... so maybe that is Everett, but I might actually not mind as much if it's Dye or Thomas.

Then again, Thomas is at his worst is often good for a walk, so it's hard to imagine him not being our fulltime DH.

Edited by Princess Dye

It has to be Carl. We can't bench our leadoff hitter and you would think that Row would start hitting like lasst year or nearly at that level sometime soon. If he doesn't then I think you compare Everett and Rowand and pick the llesser performer. Thanks to his arm in right and his contract-I don't see Dye not playing. All things considered, these things usually work themselves out through injuries. They will probably be in a rotation of sorts but I think Frank is the most likely to play everyday.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
Well, the real question is who goes away? It would have to be between Harris, Timo and Ozuna. If it were me making the choice Willie would go, but I'd understand it if they decided Ozuna has less potential.

They need RH on the bench so I think Ozuna is safe. Timo is probably gone but Ozzie really likes him so who knows.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
Well, the real question is who goes away? It would have to be between Harris, Timo and Ozuna. If it were me making the choice Willie would go, but I'd understand it if they decided Ozuna has less potential.

For the 25th spot on the roster, I'd take utility over potential.