Pods not in the lineup tonight

That funky motion

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
well Lee is LHP, so it could be more on account of that

Its going to be a very cold night in cleveland as is tomorrow. Pods is nursing his groin strain, maybe the cold weather will keep him out the next 2 games, thats my opinion.

i really like pablo: he is the ultamate grinder

i mean, look at what he did on sunday night against the twins... i know it wasnt much but the way he lead the game off was great, bunt single, beating it out with an insane head first drive into the bag... and then scored from second FLYING into home plate head first like superman

that guy got major points in my book for that electric preformance he put in durring the top 1st of that game

he's not gonna hit 527 over the regular season but he will be a very very solid bench player/pinch runner IMHO

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
OK.. I gotta ask.. what does it feel like to have a groin strain..??

let just put it this way, his wife might be lonely for a couple nights... or have fun nursing him back to health

sorry, i had to

:chair

QUOTE(hi8is @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
let just put it this way, his wife might be lonely for a couple nights... or have fun nursing him back to health

sorry, i had to

:chair

That's what I thought.. but I wasn't sure. You poor things.. :unsure:

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)

On the serious side, the groin muscles are the adductor muscles on the inside of the thigh and hip. The muscles are used to bring the leg in toward the other leg. These muscles come in to play specifically when leading off from a base and crossing over. As you can see there are under a great deal of stress in a base stealer. They are also used quite a bit during normal running gait. With an LHP on the mound and a cold night it's just a good all around evening to rest it some more.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)

painful...I did it once when i was younger. Half of my body fell off a fence, the other half one of my legs held myself up and the groin felt like it broke in half. Oh my god did it hurt and the pain didn't go away for like a week and a half.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
Yikes..  :huh:

I never knew girls could get them also. I thought just boys had "groins"..  :bang

Yep, just themuscles in the inside of the thigh from the hip to the knee. Although the main part of the muscle is near the hip. Men just always think with the area, that's why they hurt it more.

Back to Scotty:

CLEVELAND -- The White Sox may keep speedy Scott Podsednik out of the starting lineup until at least Friday because of a strained right groin.

Podsednik, who was hurt sliding into second base on a steal attempt in Monday's 2-1 comeback victory over the Indians, said Wednesday he felt much better. But trainer Herm Schneider, mindful that Podsednik's forte is speed, said the Sox and Podsednik would benefit if he is held out until he's close to full strength.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Both girls AND boys have groins.  But "boys have a penis, girls have a vagina!" -- Kindergarten Cop (1990).

LMAO.. just watched that the other day.

"My daddy looks at vaginas all day".. :lolhitting