Gio dealing in first game of Kanny DH - 4/13

Randar68

Awesome! :headbang

Gio got some innings (albeit, just a few) with the Warthogs last year, correct? If he pitches fairly well in Kanny, how long do you guys think before he gets the promotion? Is there a possibility he takes the B-Mac route -- Kanny to Salem, then perhaps some innings at Birmy if all goes well?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Awesome!  :headbang

Gio got some innings (albeit, just a few) with the Warthogs last year, correct?  If he pitches fairly well in Kanny, how long do you guys think before he gets the promotion?  Is there a possibility he takes the B-Mac route -- Kanny to Salem, then perhaps some innings at Birmy if all goes well?

Don't think he had any innings in W-S. They're being cautious with him. Pitched very well in Kanny last year, easily could have started him in W-S. I would not be surprised to see him promoted in a month or so if he continues this, though.

Cocky kid, hope for good health with him, because it's might be the only thing that could hold him back.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
Gio got some innings (albeit, just a few) with the Warthogs last year, correct?  If he pitches fairly well in Kanny, how long do you guys think before he gets the promotion?  Is there a possibility he takes the B-Mac route -- Kanny to Salem, then perhaps some innings at Birmy if all goes well?

He got innings at Kanny at the end of last year after pitching well with Bristol. That's probably helped a bit with his nice start to this season. I don't see him moving along like BMac did. First off, it took one of the best seasons in all of the minors for BMac to jump 3 levels. Second, because Gio is younger than BMac was and he came straight out of high school as opposed to BMac getting some JC time. So the Sox will be less likely to rush him along IMO.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Gio's got 9 K's and only given up one hit after 5 IP...

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...gboafx_kanafx_1

W-S Wins their afternoon game today 6-2

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...myrafx_wswafx_1

Nice, a 6 inning 1 hitter with 0 walks and 10 Ks. Real nice.

Hell be up with the Warthogs soon if he continues on like this. And I'd say there isn't a great need to rush at this point. We've got 5 pitchers under contract for next season and B-Mac waiting in the wings, and Gio shouldn't be ready until 2007 at the earliest anyways.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
Hell be up with the Warthogs soon if he continues on like this. And I'd say there isn't a great need to rush at this point. We've got 5 pitchers under contract for next season and B-Mac waiting in the wings, and Gio shouldn't be ready until 2007 at the earliest anyways.

I hope he's not rushed nor overworked. He's on the smaller size, they need to keep that arm healthy...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
I don't know what I like more -- his high strikeout totals or the real low walk totals.  Both are very, very impressive...

For me it's the very low walk totals. Like you said both are quite impressive but to find someone who just came out of high school and is as young as he is to have that kind of control is almost impossible to do. If he stays healthy he's going to be a good one.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
I hope he's not rushed nor overworked.  He's on the smaller size, they need to keep that arm healthy...

I agree with being that young they need to increase his innings and pitch totals gradually. If he keeps it up he looks like another good one.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
Mine as well, guy got a bad wrap becuase of his family.  Good steal by the org

I like Gio, but he is a cocky kid. Definitely a different air about him and his attitude than guys like Valido, Ryan Rodriguez, Chris Young, etc etc...

I'd say it was confidence, but it is more than that, IMO.

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
I like Gio, but he is a cocky kid.  Definitely a different air about him and his attitude than guys like Valido, Ryan Rodriguez, Chris Young, etc etc...

I'd say it was confidence, but it is more than that, IMO.

Jon Rauch-esque?