Frank shut down

LosMediasBlancas

This was not totally unexpected I'd guess.

An operation that major, there had to be a bunch of scar tissue and some tendonitis should be expected.

Not surprising there are a few small setbacks.

I think we're looking at late May or June 1st.

I stated on an earlier topic that he should not have this scar tissue in the first place. While this news at first glance is no big deal. The more secondary problems that arise the more worried I get about this. This was potentially a career thretening injury to start with and the longer it drags on the complicated it could become.

Here's hoping the negative thoughts these continued problems bring are just the dark side creeping into my mind.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
According to the Sox website, Frank got a cortisone injection today, too.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

good find I didn't see that. This is probably the reason he can't run not the scar tissue. One of the tendons on the inside of his foot the posterior tibilais tendon inserts into the bone that he fractures and had the bone graft. If the screws inserted there are irritatingthe tendon it would definitely cause problems with running.

As a wise man once said "curiouser and curiouser"

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Change it, why? He IS shut down until Monday. I really didn't mean to cause any alarm.  Am I missing something here?

When I first saw the title of the thread I immediately thought Frank might be shut down for the year. I'm paranoid like that..lol

As I sit here and think about this it's kind of confusing. The cortisone will decrease the inflammation but decreases the overall healing process. They are either very confident that the bone is healed and the injection won't effect it or very worried about the tendon. He has had plantar fasciitis and tendon problem in the foot before.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
What date did he have the surgery on?

I believe it was last July but I'm not sure

On second thought that was the injury. I'm not sure when the surgery was performed

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
What date did he have the surgery on?

It was in like early October...I remember like last week being the 6 month anniversary of the surgery. They should have done this surgery as soon as he was hurt instead of waiting.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
It was in like early October...I remember like last week being the 6 month anniversary of the surgery.  They should have done this surgery as soon as he was hurt instead of waiting.

That's right I do remember an article about the 6 month anniversary not too long ago.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
It was in like early October...I remember like last week being the 6 month anniversary of the surgery.  They should have done this surgery as soon as he was hurt instead of waiting.

That's hindsight. They thought it would heal without the invasive surgery. They were wrong.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)

I think they would rather have seen how it healed before messing with it..

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
I think they would rather have seen how it healed before messing with it..

That is usually the best way to handle these situations. The is still no guarantee that he will ever be able to play. They did the right thing.