Sophomore Slump?

CWSGuy406

I like that hinkse was not being too cocky about it.

Just because I had a good rookie season doesn't mean I'm going to rest on my laurels. Hopefully I can avoid the sophomore slump.

Gerut was also a considerable down grade from his rookie year to sophmore year. His ops+ dropped nearly thirty points ( 28).

By the way, tht is awesome, i try and read it daily.

Edited by qwerty

The Sox also got mentioned in THT's weekly feature, "Ten Things I Didn't Know Last Week". (Link):

Maybe the White Sox won't hit in the clutch this year.

Over the last few years, the AL Central has been the doormat of Major League baseball. Outside of the Twins, there has not been a team that could consistently hold its own against non-division rivals. I think that's changing this year. The White Sox, Tigers and Indians are all more talented than they were last year, and the Twins are still in the improvement stage of the aging curve, too.

The AL Central competition will be a very interesting race to watch. Already this year, we've seen Chicago and Cleveland parlay three of four games into one-run nailbiters. The White Sox are doing it with pitching; they lead the league in ERA at 3.66. But their offense is tied for second-worst in the league at 3.86 runs a game. The culprit? Clutch hitting. The Pale Hose are only hitting .175 with runners in scoring position, the lowest figure in the majors. Last year, if you recall, they batted .292 with RISP.