Jurassic ponies up

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:45 AM)
In case there was any lingering doubt because of those bastards in Boston, Carl Everett is one cool dude.  He was by far the coolest guy at the fest.

Carl is a really cool guy...and the leader in that clubhouse!

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 07:52 AM)
Carl is a really cool guy...and the leader in that clubhouse!

"The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes?"

-Jesus

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
Yeah Everettt picking up the tab is like us picking up the tab at McDs

Even so, I doubt many of us would pick up the McD tab for 30 people.

Very cool gesture by Jurassic, who's quickly climbing my list of favorite Sox players.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug14.html

GET A LOAN: Everett can't be accused of being selfish. The designated hitter picked up the tab at the team dinner on Tuesday's day off, and it wasn't just an ordinary tab. One estimate had as many as 30 members of the Sox traveling party dining in a private room at pricey Morton's Steakhouse.

I :wub: Crazy Carl.

That's bulls*** to dismiss it as a trivial act. I'm not saying they aren't wealthy but people always forget to add in several factors. One is that their salary is pre tax. Carl doesn't make 4 million a year, he makes less by a significant percentage. Two, is the expense of life on the road. Clothes and food etc, surely gets very expensive. That's not to mention having to buy suits and food for younger players who make nothing. Lastly, every time they step into a bar or restaurant they are being judged on the tip. I forgot to mention that their career lifespan ends thrity years before yours and mine. I'm not saying that Carl can't afford to pick up the tab, but to minimize it is ingorant and wrong.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 12:09 PM)
That's bulls*** to dismiss it as a trivial act. I'm not saying they aren't wealthy but people always forget to add in several factors. One is that their salary is pre tax. Carl doesn't make 4 million a year, he makes less by a significant percentage. Two, is the expense of life on the road. Clothes and food etc, surely gets very expensive. That's not to mention having to buy suits and food for younger players who make nothing. Lastly, every time they step into a bar or restaurant they are being judged on the tip. I forgot to mention that their career lifespan ends thrity years before yours and mine. I'm not saying that Carl can't afford to pick up the tab, but to minimize it is ingorant and wrong.

Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I guess that 3 million after tax doesnt seem like that much. :chair

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  I guess that 3 million after tax doesnt seem like that much.  :chair

Besides, according to Baseballreference.com Carl has made almost 38 million dollars for his career before this year. I think he'll be OK retiring 30 years before I do.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Besides, according to Baseballreference.com Carl has made almost 38 million dollars for his career before this year.  I think he'll be OK retiring 30 years before I do.

The bling he was wearing at the bar Saturday night at SF would have allowed me to retire 30 years early... :ph34r: