World of Warcraft

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
Really in MMORPG's to truly enjoy it you have to spend a lot of time playing them when you play. You cant really just play for 1 hour at a time to fully enjoy the game. Also I think the expansion they are coming out with is quite ridiculous. As far as end game is considered, it basicly makes all the instances of the original game pointless(MC, Blackwing Lair, etc.) because there are weapons/armor you can get from 5 man instances better in the expansion.

I personally had enough of the game and anxiously waiting for the release of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. The graphics in the game are amazing and the gameplay from what I have seen is similar to EQ(the original) The only thing it has taken from WoW is the interface which is really the best feauture of the game. If you look up trailers/pictures of Vanguard they arent very impressive but if you have a fileplanet subscription and can download the beta its really something else.

For anyone that is interested that game should come out sometime this year my guess no later than summer, probably earlier. From the looks of it, probably a far superior game to WoW besides the PvP which is the one thing WoW has really excelled at with battlegrounds.

It looks like the original EQ because it is being designed by Brad McQuaid and most of the original Verant team. I think it will be an excellent game.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
It looks like the original EQ because it is being designed by Brad McQuaid and most of the original Verant team. I think it will be an excellent game.

Yep same lead designer from EQ and than a bunch of guys from both WoW and EQ2, I cant wait. Also update on the release I just looked it up after making my original post. Now the game is supposedly coming out on January 30th. So For you people playing WoW I suggest taking a look at Vanguard before buying the next expansion.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
Yep same lead designer from EQ and than a bunch of guys from both WoW and EQ2, I cant wait. Also update on the release I just looked it up after making my original post. Now the game is supposedly coming out on January 30th. So For you people playing WoW I suggest taking a look at Vanguard before buying the next expansion.

Nice, didn't realize it was coming out so soon. Gonna have to grab that and put eq1 on pause =D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 08:48 AM)
Seems like we need a Soxtalk clan . . .

I'd be up for that. We should get a list of people who are interested and try to come up with a scheduled time to play. We're probably on different servers though and would need to start from scratch. I'm on Stormreaver and Mal'Ganis (main).

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 10:55 AM)
I'd be up for that. We should get a list of people who are interested and try to come up with a scheduled time to play. We're probably on different servers though and would need to start from scratch. I'm on Stormreaver and Mal'Ganis (main).

Im mostly on hellscream

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
Seriously, I need some advice on how to power level. This game gets so tedious.

Unfortunately there isn't. I've been working on my guy for like 4 months and just yesterday reached 40. Once you hit about 25 it takes a loooooooong time to level, and it just gets worse the higher you go.

If you have any friends online that can run you through some instances that's usually pretty good experience. You'll get half the experience of killing all of the creatures in the instance and the quests objectives are usually red so you'll get lots of XP points. Plus you'll get good drops too. Also if you stick to the hardest quests (orange if you can) that usually helps. Getting 4-500 XP per guy you have to kill is better than the 1-200 for green quests. And if you ever find yourself getting bored go mess around in the battlegrounds. It doesn't get you anywhere with XP and leveling, but you can work on your PVP skills when you encounter the other races in the different zones

Are you utilizing rest XP when you aren't playing (always logging out in cities...toolbar turns blue) so that you continue to gain experience when offline?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 08:15 AM)
lol, hate to bring it to you but in terms of how mmorpg's go, there is no game you can lvl faster in than WoW. Basicly only play when you have rested xp and just do instances/quests the whole time and you should be lvling asap atleast until the 50's.

Ok that makes sense. The hard part is finding someone to walk you through all the intances