Bobby Seau

Jim Fainter

I saw this kid's name on the Bobby Howry newspaper article post. He was a number one draft choice of the Sox several years ago, and he achieved some notariety. The Sox, in their infinite wisdom, failed to offer this kid a contract within the prescribed time, and he was declared a free agent and got a huge contract from Tampa. I was out of the country in those days. Did this create much of an uproar in Chicago at the time? Did any heads roll?

I saw this kid's name on the Bobby Howry newspaper article post.  He was a number one draft choice of the Sox several years ago, and he achieved some notariety.  The Sox, in their infinite wisdom, failed to offer this kid a contract within the prescribed time, and he was declared a free agent and got a huge contract from Tampa.  I was out of the country in those days.  Did this create much of an uproar in Chicago at the time?  Did any heads roll?

that was the time when a agent name started to haunt me. Scott Boras, that was also the time with Alex Fernado(sp) fiasco.

but we were spared the fustration of watching him fail. at least i did. :fyou boras

I saw this kid's name on the Bobby Howry newspaper article post.  He was a number one draft choice of the Sox several years ago, and he achieved some notariety.  The Sox, in their infinite wisdom, failed to offer this kid a contract within the prescribed time, and he was declared a free agent and got a huge contract from Tampa.  I was out of the country in those days.  Did this create much of an uproar in Chicago at the time?  Did any heads roll?

He was one of a handfull of draft picks that became free agents that year under the same circumstances so it wasn't just the Sox.