Today should be election day

kapkomet

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
If today were election day, 3/4's the pukes wouldn't be there.  Nothing like making a huge fat ass check out to the IRS.  :fyou

You got that right! They should either change election day or stop withholding. People would be a lot more pissed off if they actually had to write that check like they used to.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
just a suggestion....

HAVE MORE TAKEN OUT OF CHECK ALONG THE WAY!!!

I don't understand. Soooo, they can have more of your money? My point is that because money is withheld from your paycheck, you don't realize how much you actually pay in taxes. Way back when, April 15th was actually tax payment day. They didn't take anything out when your received your paycheck. If they did that now, without withholding, I believe more people would be involved in the political process and less politicians would keep getting re-elected.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Did you know on January 1st 2005, how much in losses/gains you are going to declare on April 15, 2006?  If so, I have to say I am impressed.

Yea, I bet on January 1, 2005, you knew that you were going to have a kid, look into getting a house, etc. etc. etc.

Granted these are positive tax effects but the point is you cannot anticipate everything that happens.

And my point was what mreye posted. Why the hell does the government control so damn much of our money? Oh, because it's boobs out there that expect handouts for EVERYTHING.

QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
I don't understand. Soooo, they can have more of your money? My point is that because money is withheld from your paycheck, you don't realize how much you actually pay in taxes. Way back when, April 15th was actually tax payment day. They didn't take anything out when your received your paycheck. If they did that now, without withholding, I believe more people would be involved in the political process and less politicians would keep getting re-elected.

no matter how much they take out in the beginning, you end up paying the correct amount at the end. Now granted, if you can budget for it and are disciplined enough, it makes perfect sense to keep more of your money along the way and earn interest on it but if not, just go with the flow or increase your withholdings.

Last year as a single person, i was withholding 3 due to all of the deductions i knew i was going to have. (mortgage interest, property taxes, charity, etc)

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
no matter how much they take out in the beginning, you end up paying the correct amount at the end. Now granted, if you can budget for it and are disciplined enough, it makes perfect sense to keep more of your money along the way and earn interest on it but if not, just go with the flow or increase your withholdings.

Last year as a single person, i was withholding 3 due to all of the deductions i knew i was going to have. (mortgage interest, property taxes, charity, etc)

You're missing my point completely. Nevermind.