Sigh.. I'm just gonna stop reading the news..

Steff

http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=3212196

Teenager Accused Of Killing Girlfriend's Daughter

April 15, 2005, 12:55 PM Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

Two Year Old Beaten To Death - Jermont Terry Reports

A teenager is accused of beating a two-year-old little girl to death. Police say the 17-year-old is the boyfriend of the child's mother.

While the child's mother was at work, he was watching her inside a Covington home.

Police say the teenager punched little Emily Johnson over and over again, causing extensive bruising to her face.

Teal Nally is with Covington police. "Medical personnel got there and rushed her to Children's Hospital because she was unresponsive. She had major injuries, and because of that, she's deceased."

The little girl died Thursday from head trauma. Police originally charged the teen with assault, but those charges will likely be upgraded to murder.

John Spence Jr. is a friend of the accused teenager. "I don't believe James did it, because he wasn't a violent person. He's always been very quiet. I don't believe it."

John Spence Sr. says, "I find this really hard to believe. He's a well-mannered kid when he came to my house. He's polite to me and my wife and our little daughter."

The commonwealth's attorney expects to try the 17-year-old as an adult.