Wyatt Allen released

Guest JimH

Saw in BA this morning that Wyatt Allen was released. Former 1st round supplemental pick with a great arm who, as I understand it, couldn't quite harness his mechanics.

Sox should re-think this strategy of taking guys with very inconsistent deliveries, thinking they can "fix" them. The track record is not good.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Just guessing but Allen was having back problems last year and he may not have gotten fully healthy.  I don't think the Sox would have given up on him this soon otherwise.  I don't have anything to back this up, strictly a hunch.

Signed RHP Robert Person. Released RHPs Wyatt Allen, Brian Bowles, Mike Crudale, Jose Espinal, Ken Ray and Mitch Wylie, 3Bs Andrew Davie and Kevin Moore, OFs J.D. Foust, Michael Moore, Jake Whitesides and Scott Martin, LHPs Sean Kramer, Justin Roelle, Dustin Matthews and Teuris Olivares, Cs Santiago Narciandi, Chad Oxendine and Kenny Riley and 2B Tom Nicholson. Placed C Matt Deuchler on voluntarily retired list.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 06:16 PM)
Just guessing but Allen was having back problems last year and he may not have gotten fully healthy.  I don't think the Sox would have given up on him this soon otherwise.  I don't have anything to back this up, strictly a hunch.

Yes Wyatt had back problems all of last season. When Healthy he was ok not outstanding.