Brewers Lock up Sheets.

santo=dorf

It certainly doesn't make much sense that guys like Santana and Sheets are signing these deals. If Pavano can get 4 years and $40 million, just think what guys like Santana and Sheets could get on the open market. That doesn't seem like the best financial decision. I guess team loyalty just means more to some guys.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd sign that deal too.  A lot can happen over the course of a year.  I'd rather have $40 mil as a sure thing than the risky prospect of $50 mil.

agree 100%. pitchers go down with serious injury about every two seconds.

QUOTE(Hall of Famer @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Why are pitchers all of the sudden extending their contracts for less than market-value, especially after this offseason?

Money isn't everything to everyone. Maybe he wants to help build a winner in Milwaukee? Maybe he and his wife would like to raise their children in Milwaukee? Maybe he loves it in Milwaukee?

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
Money isn't everything to everyone. Maybe he wants to help build a winner in Milwaukee? Maybe he and his wife would like to raise their children in Milwaukee? Maybe he loves it in Milwaukee?

Yeah I don't see what the big deal is. Since when is $39 million not enough money to live on?

QUOTE(Hall of Famer @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Why are pitchers all of the sudden extending their contracts for less than market-value, especially after this offseason?

He definitely signed for under what his market value is but I think he'll be ok making 38 mill over 4 years, I think he'll be able to feed his children(if he has any) :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
He definitely signed for under what his market value is but I think he'll be ok making 38 mill over 4 years, I think he'll be able to feed his children(if he has any) :P

Apparantly you haven't heard about the horrors of Latrell Sprewells family

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
With their elite prospects (weeks, Fielder, Rogers, and Cappellan) look out. THis team has long term success as a real possibility. THis wittles the free agetn pitcher market down to guys like Burnett, Morris and Millwood now that Cris Carpetner has also resigned

Kind of nice to have all 5 of our guys signed through next year plus having some 21 year old down at Charlotte who seems to be decent :P