Garland's post game comments

LosMediasBlancas

I just saw a news clip of Garland talking after tonight's game. I'm assuming he was asked if he realized he had a perfect game going. His response was: 'Yeah, I knew it, I'm not an idiot, Buehrle and I were sitting on the bench bulls***ting about it on the bench.' They beeped out 'bulls***ting' of course. Anyone else catch the clip? Thoughts??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
My thoughts are that noone in the game thread should reference the fact that he has a perfect game going....

Who did that??

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Or the chat... :ph34r:

....and that?? :angry: DJ????

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
Who did that??

....and that?? :angry:    DJ????

Someone said he had a perfect game... i either said not for long or after this at-bat. They after reed walked i said watch they will score two runs this inning, which they ended up doing.

I know majik.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 03:39 AM)
Ugh, if Garland is gonna get b****ed at again for post game comments, then you guys need to nitpick something else.

And, ditto to jackie's post.

I'm not a fan, that interview didn't help. He's waaaaaaay too full of himself considering that most of the time, he's an above average pitcher.....at best.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
My point is that he came across as kinda jerky in that clip. No need to be that defensive or to swear on TV.

Where were you when Buehrle was perfect through 6 or 7 and made comments about how he was walking around the dugout telling people he had a perfect game going.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
It's still there, look it up.  Doesn't anyone still hold THIS ritual sacred in the Church of Baseball?

doesn't seem like it...remember when Mussina had a perfect game going in game 1 of the ALCS last year, and Joe Buck was all but shouting that Mussina was perfect so far?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 03:45 AM)
Where were you when Buehrle was perfect through 6 or 7 and made comments about how he was walking around the dugout telling people he had a perfect game going.

What's your point? I have no problem with Garland saying he and Mark were talking about it, that's not what bothered me about the clip.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 03:53 AM)
No, I'd still say they came across as jerky in that particular interview. :huh . It's different with GIRLand because he has said stupid things in the past.

Oh, GIRLand, where have I heard that one? :rolly Ha Ha.

What a f***ing joke. If Jon had a perfect game, you'd b**** at him for not striking out enough guys. Jesus H, gimmie an f'n break...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 03:56 AM)
Oh, GIRLand, where have I heard that one?  :rolly Ha Ha.

What a f***ing joke.  If Jon had a perfect game, you'd b**** at him for not striking out enough guys.  Jesus H, gimmie an f'n break...

Take it easy.

He threw a good game, where was that disputed or even brought up here?....only by you.

Have you seen the clip I'm referring to?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 04:02 AM)
Take it easy.

He threw a good game, where was that disputed or even brought up here?....only by you.

Have you seen the clip I'm referring to?

I saw him interviewed on CSN, yes. Is that what you're talking about?

I saw nothing wrong with anything he said, too. Said he wasn't thinking about the no hitter, which I don't have a problem with. Said he didn't really think about it once he gave up the no-no/perfect game. Again, I don't think he's thinking about that -- he's just thinking about getting outs and getting the W.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 04:05 AM)
I saw him interviewed on CSN, yes.  Is that what you're talking about?

I saw nothing wrong with anything he said, too.  Said he wasn't thinking about the no hitter, which I don't have a problem with.  Said he didn't really think about it once he gave up the no-no/perfect game.  Again, I don't think he's thinking about that -- he's just thinking about getting outs and getting the W.

Fine. The clip on the news that I saw (re-read my original post) made him sound like a jerk, IMO.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
Fine. The clip on the news that I saw (re-read my original post) made him sound like a jerk, IMO.

and your nuts.

you should not be reading that much into what he said, he was just casual as he should be after pitching a gem and getting a W

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 04:12 AM)
and your nuts.

you should not be reading that much into what he said, he was just casual as he should be after pitching a gem and getting a W

Well then I'm not alone, the sports news anchor is nuts too, because right after that clip played, he sighed and said "ooooookay then" and moved on to the next story.

Agree to disagree. :cheers