Garland's post game comments

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
He wouldn't sign that.  He's making the average of that in 2005, and he'll do better next year if he's merely league average again.

That's a good point. I'd really like to see Kenny's "Big Board" right now, as far as our staff for next year. I can assure you that Buehrle, Garcia, and probably McCarthy are on it. And El Duque, most likely. If Contreras has a big season, Garland may not be with us in '06...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
That's a good point.  I'd really like to see Kenny's "Big Board" right now, as far as our staff for next year.  I can assure you that Buehrle, Garcia, and probably McCarthy are on it.  And El Duque, most likely.  If Contreras has a big season, Garland may not be with us in '06...

This is just crazy talk... Garland will be better than El Duque this year I am almost positive on that.. Contreras will prolly be around 14 - 9 with an ERA in the 4's mostlikely.. They are both in their 30's yet we got a young guy like Garland who isnt making that much and is pitching worth what we are paying for him with a chance to have a big year this year.. Why would he be the man who is gone?

Garland > Contreras and El Duque

It would be a dumb move to commit to the other two instead of Garland, imo, based on age, price, and performance

This is just crazy talk... Garland will be better than El Duque this year I am almost positive on that.. Contreras will prolly be around 14 - 9 with an ERA in the 4's mostlikely.. They are both in their 30's yet we got a young guy like Garland who isnt making that much and is pitching worth what we are paying for him with a chance to have a big year this year.. Why would he be the man who is gone?

It would be a dumb move to commit to the other two instead of Garland, imo, based on age, price, and performance

El Duque is money in the post-season. Keep that in mind. :headbang

i trust garland more than contrares... i dont know why... plus i still feel garland has an upside - he's still young - whereas contrares is already what, 33 and el duque is a million... i mean thats not a whole lot of insurance long term...

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 11:27 PM)

I'm saying that if he puts up a year like you have him pegged at -- then he's gonna get some good money in arbitration. I'm not saying it's a great move, but I can see the Sox being more committed to the vet in Hernandez rather than Garland.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
I'm saying that if he puts up a year like you have him pegged at -- then he's gonna get some good money in arbitration.  I'm not saying it's a great move, but I can see the Sox being more committed to the vet in Hernandez rather than Garland.

Yeah but Hernandez isnt gonna have much left in his career.. I think locking up Garland long term would be the better commitment for the club but I do get what your saying about age..

And Jabroni, we need to get to the playoffs first before Hernandez means anything to us then :P

not age, but veteren, my bad

Edited by T R U

We might commit Hernandez, but I don't see how we could commit to him. No matter what you think of the guy, he's on his last legs. He's in Satchel Paige territory. Contreras, we still don't know what we have there.

We don't have a glut of young starters coming through the system, at least we haven't. (I know, last year's draft is promising, but still...) I'd really like to keep Jon, as long as he doesn't regress further. I'm scared of that black hole 5th starter happening again.

Edit: Okay, exaggeration on the Satchel Paige bit. Well, I think...

Edited by jackie hayes

I read more negative stuff in the threads about our players than i would ever read in the Cubune. Everyone's a critic. Crede sucks, Garland sucks, Willie sucks, Timo sucks, this guy sounded bad in an interview. Paulie's a jerk Shingo sucks. You're all like a bunch of whiny lil b****es. Nothing's ever good enough for ya. I'm ecstatic . The Sox are winning and pitching great. The glass is half full not half empty. Try to remember that next time.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)
I read more negative stuff in the threads about our players than i would ever read in the Cubune. Everyone's a  critic.  Crede sucks, Garland sucks, Willie sucks, Timo sucks, this guy sounded bad in an interview. Paulie's a jerk Shingo sucks. You're all like a bunch of whiny lil b****es. Nothing's ever good enough for ya. I'm ecstatic . The Sox are winning and pitching great.  The glass is half full not half empty. Try to remember that next time.

Well I'm not taking that -- now YOU suck. How d'ya like them apples?

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)
I read more negative stuff in the threads about our players than i would ever read in the Cubune. Everyone's a  critic.  Crede sucks, Garland sucks, Willie sucks, Timo sucks, this guy sounded bad in an interview. Paulie's a jerk Shingo sucks. You're all like a bunch of whiny lil b****es. Nothing's ever good enough for ya. I'm ecstatic . The Sox are winning and pitching great.  The glass is half full not half empty. Try to remember that next time.

I guess it's not possible for a guy to pitch a good game and be a dick in a post game interview. I didn't crack on his pitching performance, just that he was a dick afterward. I'm ecstatic too by the way. :headbang