Garland's post game comments

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
Gonna have to fight tru for that. Maybe even jeckle too.

its a title i'll gladly share... Jon deserves a little more support than he gets... he starts every fifth day... and if he can keep himself out of big innings... he can be an above average.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
It's still there, look it up.  Doesn't anyone still hold THIS ritual sacred in the Church of Baseball?

I don't.

I think it's bulls***.

No announcer, fan, or writer has EVER caused a pitcher to lose a no-hitter.

This is black cat, scary goat, hocus-pocus curse bulls*** that has no basis in reality.

And I'm glad to see that Jon and Mark were bulls***ting about it on the bench.

Like the ad campaign says, there's only ONE stat that matters.

W

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
I don't.

I think it's bulls***.

No announcer, fan, or writer has EVER caused a pitcher to lose a no-hitter.

This is black cat, scary goat, hocus-pocus curse bulls*** that has no basis in reality.

And I'm glad to see that Jon and Mark were bulls***ting about it on the bench.

Like the ad campaign says, there's only ONE stat that matters.

W

Geez, calm down. It's like a rally cap in Little League. Of course noone really believes it matters, but it's fun to believe it a little. It's something that everyone does watching a game, something you grow up with.

(Anditwasallthosepeoplesfault!....)

So no jinxing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
As garlands biggest fan....  this is definitely a non-issue.

I agree that if this was Buehrle... this thread would be "thats mark for ya... good ol' boy from mizzoura."

Leave Jon alone, he pitched great tonight,

I think I am easily the biggest Jon Garland fan, BUT, I have no problem with other people in the fold with me..

Oh yeah, my prediction was close last night... Garland, you are a f***ing badass.. Keep making me look good baybeeeeeee

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 15, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
Judith is a little b****. Hopefully he continues to outperform his past so that he justifies the Sox cimmittment in him but I fear his good start is an aberration an that he is till the 12-12 pitcher with a 4.500 era he's been for awhile

Out of the 5th starters spot there is nothing to complain aobut with those kind of numbers. OF course he's going to put up better numbers than that. Jon will win 15 games minimum.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
Out of the 5th starters spot there is nothing to complain aobut with those kind of numbers.  OF course he's going to put up better numbers than that.  Jon will win 15 games minimum.

Ive got Jon penciled in for 18 wins, I called it before the season I am sticking to it.. BTW I found another thing Garland said after the game, I dont know if I am the only one to see this or not but here it is...

AAEW036.jpg

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
Ive got Jon penciled in for 18 wins, I called it before the season I am sticking to it.. BTW I found another thing Garland said after the game, I dont know if I am the only one to see this or not but here it is...

AAEW036.jpg

:cheers

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 05:14 AM)
its a title i'll gladly share... Jon deserves a little more support than he gets... he starts every fifth day... and if he can keep himself out of big innings... he can be an above average.

I personally wouldn't mind if the Sox locked Jon up on a three year contract. Average pitchers are making five to eight million a year, and up till now, Jon's been a league average pitcher. I realize he isn't awesome, but if you could lock him up for three years for at about ten million (not per year -- total, obviously), I'd probably do it.

That, or if he has a huge season this year, sell him high to a team that wants pitching and is willing to give up a whole lot...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
I personally wouldn't mind if the Sox locked Jon up on a three year contract.  Average pitchers are making five to eight million a year, and up till now, Jon's been a league average pitcher.  I realize he isn't awesome, but if you could lock him up for three years for at about ten million (not per year -- total, obviously), I'd probably do it.

That, or if he has a huge season this year, sell him high to a team that wants pitching and is willing to give up a whole lot...

Um if he has a huge season why would we want to get rid of him? Playing in our park we need our pitchers to be solid, if he has a huge season its all the more reason to keep him in the fold..

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
I personally wouldn't mind if the Sox locked Jon up on a three year contract.  Average pitchers are making five to eight million a year, and up till now, Jon's been a league average pitcher.  I realize he isn't awesome, but if you could lock him up for three years for at about ten million (not per year -- total, obviously), I'd probably do it.

He wouldn't sign that. He's making the average of that in 2005, and he'll do better next year if he's merely league average again.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
Um if he has a huge season why would we want to get rid of him? Playing in our park we need our pitchers to be solid, if he has a huge season its all the more reason to keep him in the fold..

If a team wants to give us a whole lot for him -- that's the only way I'd do it. If Jon puts up the season that you have him pegged for, or even a little worse, he can command (and get) 6-7 million on the open market. But, I believe we have control over Jon for at least one more year beyond this season...