HOLY BLUE SEATS...

The Critic

27,000 is a pitiful number for the cubs, because that is probably about the number of season tix holders they have compared to the Sox 10,000 or so season tix holders. So if the cubs have 27000 that means they had no walk up sales, unusual for them...yet its a catch-22. As much as I hate the cubs, I look at the boxscores and attendance is terrible, and when it is reflected at Wrigley that means baseball is having a rough spring

Guest hotsoxchick1

i was there tonite.. yeah it was empty.... hey more room for me to spread out ..... :D ...lol.........but it was cold as hell and windy and a bit wet from time to time as it did drizzle on and off.....i probably have pnumonia (how ever the hell you spell it) and im most likely gonna be sick for a few days, my voice is horse.... but what the hell i had a good time..... its not because of the incidents last nite or anything like that which kept everyone away im sure .. it was just a miserable nite out for a ball game......and thats it............hey at least we won..............that has to account for something right.........

i was there tonite.. yeah it was empty.... hey more room for me to spread out ..... :D ...lol.........but it was cold as hell and windy and a bit wet from time to time as it did drizzle on and off.....i probably have pnumonia (how ever the hell you spell it) and im most likely gonna be sick for a few days, my voice is horse.... but what the hell i had a good time..... its not because of the incidents last nite or anything like that which kept everyone away im sure  .. it was just a miserable nite out for a ball game......and thats it............hey at least we won..............that has to account for something right.........

Yep, that counts for something. It's about damn time we beat KC.

Under 10,000 fans attending a game vs. a division rival (I'd say KC now qualifies as a legitimate rival) is an absolute disgrace. 

Sox fans in Chicago should be ashamed.

oh come on, on a cold night, much colder than Tuesday, after all the security problems the night before? Of course people stayed away last night.

Under 10,000 fans attending a game vs. a division rival (I'd say KC now qualifies as a legitimate rival) is an absolute disgrace. 

You would have spent AT LEAST $30 to go to the game (just for parking and the cheapest seat in the house) for just yourself on a week night, with most likely having work the next day? On top of the low 40's temps and a threat of rain???

I completely understand why the crowd was sparse.

oh come on, on a cold night, much colder than Tuesday, after all the security problems the night before? Of course people stayed away last night.

What security problems? Sure people ran onto the field and it was pretty chaotic, but there weren't guys wearing sheets on their heads blowing themselves up in the stands -- and nothing big even happened. The idiot grabbed the umpire like he wanted to dry hump him, and then the Royals beat his ass.

If anything, I would think that Tuesday's fiasco would actually attract more fans due to the "let's see if anything happens tonight" syndrome.

I stand by what I said -- sub-10,000 should NEVER happen unless it's weather like they had for the home opener vs. Detroit. 50 degrees is not exactly Serbia.

:fyou

And when I get over the earache, sore throat, 102 fever, and runny nose I'll say more. Asshole.

You would have spent AT LEAST $30 to go to the game (just for parking and the cheapest seat in the house) for just yourself on a week night, with most likely having work the next day? On top of the low 40's temps and a threat of rain???

I completely understand why the crowd was sparse.

I took some time to review some of last night's games and their attendance figures (the home team is listed first)

Sox vs. Royals......temp 50, attendance 9,882

Boston vs. Tampa Bay.......temp 47, attendance 26,688

Cleveland vs. Baltimore......temp 50, attendance 15,674

You're telling me that the Sox (who were facing a divison rival) can't outdraw a hapless Indian team or a Red Sox team playing the worst team in baseball?

In the words of Artie Lang, "Disgraciad".

:fyou

And when I get over the earache, sore throat, 102 fever, and runny nose I'll say more. Asshole.

Obviously, illness is a legitimate excuse. I thought that went without saying, but apparently not.

Saying "it's too cold" is what will keep the Sox payroll the same for 2004 as it is in 2003 -- and Sox fans will have only themselves to blame for it.