Frank returns to Chicago...

Jabroni

"Thomas returns to Chicago

Big Hurt still in pain, headed to Triple-A Columbus"

"I've never needed 100 at-bats to get ready for this game, and I don't think I will now," said Thomas on Saturday afternoon, after receiving treatment from athletic trainer Herm Schneider. "Especially now, I've been hitting so much, and I've never really done that. I've got everything going now."
"I'm not really that frustrated because I'm still on the same timetable," said Thomas, who adjusted his target return date slightly to mid-May or the end of May. "I just had a setback running-wise. I was out there really going at it.

"I had really stepped up aggressively with the running program -- a high-knee program, with a lot of sidestepping, and agility stuff trying to get the ankle strong again. Some of it worked, but the tendon didn't take all of it.

"The biggest problem is getting back into these spikes," Thomas added. "Running in the spikes has been very, very tough. Hopefully, this tendon flares down, and I'll be ready to go."

"Guys are playing great team baseball, and that's what it's all about," Thomas said. "I've got to accept my role, but I know what I've got to do when I get back. I know what I'm capable of doing.

"We have interchangeable parts. There are right-handers that give me fits, and on those days, I'll be on the bench. But once I get healthy and come out and do my thing, things will take care of themselves."

"Thomas feeling good vibe from Sox"

Soon, it will be up to his teammates to accept him back.

"They've been giving me a hard time, saying 'Stay away, stay away, everything's going great,'" he said. "I'm happy for the ribbing. That's part of it.

"These are my teammates and I wish them well. And I want a ring. I don't care how we get it, we need to get a ring."