A little known fact...maybe

knightni

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
there are 30 of us so someone is always pissed and can bring down the wrath on you :ph34r:

Yes a drunken Aussie who's had too much Fosters isn't a good thing ya know. :drink

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
There are 30 admins/mods.

Pretty wild, huh.

The number isn't as high as it seems. There are some who aren't on very often, and/or are only on at odd times. We have a pretty solid ratio of guys when you look at the big picture.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
It does seem like a lot, but some people are only a mod in one forum, so it balances out pretty well.

The most important thing IMO is that we have someone on just about 24/7.

You can thank me and YASNY for that. :D

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
Is that a good amount for the amount of people here? Is that more or less than other board have proportionately?

Another board I frequent has 7x the members and 1/6 the mods.

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
I used to be the mod at the "test" and "pictures" board...but they took that away from me a long time ago when they heard from Gashie that I'd do away with the Hot Chick thread... :headshake

Blast you and your estrogenical tyranny!

:whip

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
what is the responsibility of mods and adnins?

To stop problems before they get out of hand. Increase traffic by starting and moving along threads, keeping the forums looking active by pinning and unpinning topics, getting Jas beer, checking sigs and avatars to avoid questionable or banned content.

Probably the most important is to respond to member complaints. That's why I always thought Helen Waite would have been a great screen name for a moderator. We could tell people to go to Helen Waite.

It can be tedious when you are reading threads you have no interest in, just to be certain flames haven't erupted.

I think its nothing but a good thing to have alot of mod's/admins. The more people you have watching the board, the better off the board will be. The hard part is choosing the right people to do the job correctly, Soxtalk has done a nice job of that so far. Its ALOT easier having more people watching out for the board at random times than having a few mods spend their lives watching over the board. It just sucks us "regulars" don't get to go to the swank parties and get to learn the secret handshake. :crying