California Question

LowerCaseRepublican

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
The zoos in San Diego and New Orleans put the San Fran zoo to shame, but it's still a kick-ass experience.

I figured that, I've heard Chicagoans say that the SD zoo is overated, that it's the same if not worse than Brookfield. IMO, unless you have a ton of time, any big zoo is not a good idea, as it tends to be an all day experience.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

Regarding SF, Cali pretty much covered all that is good to do in Frisco. If you feel like a drive Yosemite or down the coast to Monterey are both beautiful. San Diego is a great city, great weather. The Zoo is great, better than Brookfield IMO (SD Zoo does not have dolphins because Sea World is 5 miles away) A few things to check out in SD. The USS Midway (Aircraft Carrier, plane and all) is now a mueseum and is tied up @ Broadway Pier Downtown. Across the Bay to Coronado, you have The Hotel Del Coronado, great place for a dinner or drink, esp. @ night for the sunset. (You may even see U S Navy Seals training on the beach). If you go to Tijuana, its mainly a tourist trap, go farther down to Rosarita for truer Mexican experience. If you have young kids Lego Land is 20 minutes North. 15 minutes North is La Jolla, they have a great view of the Pacific good restuarants , shops etc... Los Angeles is 2 hours North by car w/no traffic ( 3 hrs plus w/traffic), there you have all the Hollywood stuff, Universal Studios, Walk of Fame, etc... Disneyland and Disneys California Adventure are about 1 hr and 15 minutes North. Petco is pretty cool my son and I will be in town for all the games , coming down from LA.