4/18/05 Official Game Thread: Sox vs. Cakes

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't make it; damn night class. I will be following along thanks to the internet on my cell phone. :D

They say series early on aren't as important as ones later in the season, well last I checked they all count the same. Let's take it to 'em.

Sox :stick Twins

All I know is Contreras and Duque better not walk 9 batters between the 2 of em like they did last time or we'll be lucky not to get swept ourselves.

Exactly. I'd rather see Contreras challenge their hitters than go to full counts and issue walks tonight.

My handy dandy Sox calendar I got at the game Saturday has todays game on Comcast not WCIU.  I checked my dish this morning & comcast is airing the Chubs game.  What freakin' channel is it on?

WCIU at 7:00 p.m. CT. The Flubs game is on Comcast SportsNet.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Now you guys finally understand what the out of staters think of WCIU broadcasts.  At least you guys get to see them, while you're at home.

that's cause we don't live in a fake state.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
OH HELL NO :fight You want to tell me why I get to see every Sox game then? :bang  :P

the 30,000 posts has got to have something to do with it :P

Notes for the Game 1 v. the Twinkies:

First place up for grabs on South Side

Minnesota (8-4) at Chicago (8-4), 7:05 p.m. CT

After their fourth straight series win to start the season, the White Sox now turn their attention to their rivals, the Minnesota Twins.

The two teams are tied for the lead in the American League Central and this two-game series at U.S. Cellular Field will be the last time they meet until the middle of August.

Jose Contreras will get the start Monday night in the series opener. In Contreras' first start this season against Cleveland, he did not factor into the decision. In his only previous outing versus the Twins on April 18, 2003, Contreras was used in relief, allowing one hit and one walk without recording an out.

Pitching matchup

CWS: RHP Jose Contreras

• 0-0, 3.55 ERA

• Did not face MIN in 2004

MIN: RHP Kyle Lohse

• 1-1, 6.17 ERA

• 0-1, 6.75 in 2005 vs. CWS

Player to watch

Scott Podsednik is looking to make his first start in a week after aggravating a groin injury. He has hit .417 in his career against Lohse, going 5-for-12 with three doubles and three RBIs.

Quotable

"Anytime you play the Twins, you know it's going to be a battle. Right now we're just trying to take it one game at a time and concentrate on that one day." -- Aaron Rowand on facing the Twins

On television

• CWS: WCIU

• MIN: WFTC-TV

On radio

• CWS: ESPN Radio AM 1000

• MIN: WCCO Radio

Quick hits

The White Sox had their eight-game winning streak vs. Seattle snapped on Sunday. ... The White Sox are 5-1 in one-run games. ... Carl Everett has a hit in nine of his 11 games. ... Joe Crede's hitting streak stands at eight games.

On deck

• Tuesday: vs. Twins, 7:05 p.m. CT

• Wednesday: at Detroit, 7:05 p.m. CT

• Thursday: at Detroit, 7:05 p.m. CT

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
WCIU doesn't air in HD so it sucks.

The CSNHD and WGNHD are beautiful, it's about time WCIU caught on.

HD? About f***ing ND (normal defintion)? :bang

They have the worst f***ing picture quality...thank God I'll be there. Good luck suckers! :P

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
HD?  About f***ing ND (normal defintion)?  :bang

They have the worst f***ing picture quality...thank God I'll be there.  Good luck suckers! :P

Actually the last game on WCIU the picture quality was perfect, a lot better than CSN not to mention no random black outs and the sound works.. I love WCIU :headbang :headbang :headbang

sorry out of towners ;)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
Did anyone see Mariotti give the White Sox(yes our White Sox) some dap for the biggest surprise so far in the league??? I never though I'd see it. All of them were calling him a homer, but all Chicagoans know he isn't. Crazy Crazy World.

Mariotti loves banwagons. If we lose tonight he'll say we suck tomorrow.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Actually the last game on WCIU the picture quality was perfect, a lot better than CSN not to mention no random black outs and the sound works.. I love WCIU  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

sorry out of towners  ;)

Because nothing works to draw in new fans like having a major league team play on a local channel that does not equal superstation.