last nights bright spot

southsider2k5

To focus on some of the bright spots that I haven't seen mentioned from last night there are a couple of things about last night I would like to mention.

Tom Gordon. In what might have been his most successful outing of the year, he came in and minimized the damage done by Marte, and went 2 full innings getting the win. Nobody even reached base against him in his two innings of work.

Walks for at least the 2nd game in a row we coaxed a very high number of walks, walking 8 times last night, and 10 the night before.

Jimenez. Even though he didn't score on it, his leadoff triple could have been a huge run, plus he drew 2 BB's last night. I know in 3 of his AB's he had worked to a full count.

Konerko sitting. I think it is a continued good thing that the bench is getting much more playing time than in years past. Even though Daubach could not get a hit, it keeps him fresh for other situations. And it isn't like Pauly has exactly set the world on fire lately

the bright spot was we had a "come from a late inning tie" victory.

The last two seasons when we blew a lead, we were finished.

Even Tuesday we blew the lead and Frank gave us a new lead and we blew it again.

This time we blew the lead and yet got the run to win, more like what we did in 2000 than 01 or 02.

Jimenez has been a major bright spot, he's working pitchers deep into the count just about every time. It really looks like he knows what he's doing at the plate.

Hey, here's an idea ... let's send him down and bring up Aaron Miles :rolleyes: