Bad Representation

Wong & Owens

It is usually on Sundays, I believe $1 kids day. Great promotion. I'm not sure if they have any planned this year. Anyone?

Yes, they do have a number of them this year.

Marketing to the kids is an excellent idea. More kids, less losers who start "f*** you" chants. That is unbelieveable rock raines, I am sorry you had to sit around that kind of nonsense.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord.. I loooooove picking on you Q..  ;)

Steff, I just talked to quickman.

I told him I would address your infringement on my territory ... as you well know I have emminent domain on picking on quickman.

Ah, what the hell ...

The more the merrier!!!!!!!!!!

My 2 favorite idiot Sox fan stories:

Last year, there was a group of 'Sox fans' near the front rows in right field who chanted "Oh-EE-Oh, Faaaaglio" all night long. Nice job, taunting your own player.

Another 'Sox fan' was at a Twins game, sitting right behind Twins fans, a guy and his wife and young kid, who was wearing a Hunter jersey, post Burke incident. This guy wasn't saying anything to them directly, but he was talking trash about Minnesota and the team loudly. You could tell the dad was getting steamed and I saw his wife tug at his sleeve a couple of times, like 'don't do it'. Finally I said something to the Sox fan, embarrsed him and he finally shut his dumb mouth. There are far more good Sox fans, we need to do our part to clean house.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
Steff, I just talked to quickman.

I told him I would address your infringement on my territory ... as you well know I have emminent domain on picking on quickman.

Ah, what the hell ...

The more the merrier!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
SECURITY!  SECURITY!  MORE!!! SECURITY!!

I brought a Chicago sports fan with me to opening day.  He had a blast.  He had so much fun he bought tickets for Monday night's game for him and his family.  Well, he called me after the game to celebrate the victory with me.  Although he really enjoyed the game, the Sox organization should really take note of his comments.  He said he was in section 113.  In section 111 there was a fight that somebody's nose got busted and was bleeding everywhere.  He said "don't take this wrong, because I'm a Sox fan now too, but I can see why there is a stereotype about drunk violent Sox fans."  He realized that fights happen everywhere there is alcohol, he wondered where the hell was securtity and why did it take 5 minutes to get there?  He also said that he doesn't think his wife will go again and he probably won't bring his daughter anymore.  With all of the problems over the years, to not have tight security during 1/2 price drunk fest is unacceptable. 

My advice, NO MORE 1/2 price nights unless they are upper deck. Also, MORE SECURITY!!!!

Some more details from my buddy. A vendor was trying to keep the peace and stop the fight. He called for security from section 113 and they did not respond. Just refused. I don't know why. There was a little girl in the middle of the disturbance. My buddies wife went out on to the concourse and she said there was like 10 security guys out there. She told them somebody better get down there because there was a little girl in the middle of the fight. Then they responded. Five minutes too late. My buddy was sitting next to some out of towners who had just come to the game for the heck of it. He said they were horrified.

I can honestly say I've never had a problem on half priced night, or at a Sox game period. I go to 6-10 Sox games per year with my Dad, roughly half of those on Monday or Tuesday. We always sit in the right field lower deck reserved seats and we've had maybe one annoying out of towner and no fights or near fights the whole time we've been there. I've also have never had problems when I had box seats, although the one time we were in left field a group near us was rather loud and drunk. I'm really sick of seeing threads like this. We don't need to blow these handfuls of incidents out of proportion. More importantly, did this really have to be brought up given the original post? I'm saddened by the fact that I am posting this on page 11, maybe 12 by the time I'm done typing. Do we really need to question whether the park is safe or whether there is enough security every time even the most minor fight or incident occurs? s***'s going to happen when alcohol is involved; I've learned that is inevitable thanks to my time on a major college campus. Hell, I got much closer to a fight on a couple of occasions at a Northwestern football game. :bang However, the vast majority of us have no problems or incidents whatsoever in US Cellular.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
I've learned that is inevitable thanks to my time on a major college campus. Hell, I got much closer to a fight on a couple of occasions at a Northwestern football game.  :bang  However, the vast majority of us have no problems or incidents whatsoever in US Cellular.

True, but if you are new to the Sox and have heard all of the crap about it not being safe and people running on the field, 1/2 price night drunks do not help dispell that media perpetuated image. I just want success for the Sox. I won't dwell on it any further, but I will e-mail Mr. Boyer and tell him how at least some of potential customers view this promotion.