Mike North in the morning

Does anybody else lisen to this garbage, My god, I want to reach into my radio and strangle north to death. And the stpid ass broad with North, what in the hell is she even doing there! :chair :chair :chair :chair :chair

The only sane person who keeps me listening is Fred.

I just had to bring it up, does anyone else share these feelings?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
105.9 WCKG the Package.... thats ur best alternative.

That's the way to start the day, no doubt....Howard rules!

And Mike North is just absolutely dumb. Why would you have a dog bark when a first time caller calls in? He's a f***ing hot dog stand owner....turned sports commentator....makes sense to me. :bang

Edited by tonyho7476

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 07:31 AM)
That's the way to start the day, no doubt....Howard rules!

And Mike North is just absolutely dumb.  Why would you have a dog bark when a first time caller calls in?  He's a f***ing hot dog stand owner....turned sports commentator....makes sense to me. :bang

He's a damn sell-out too. The whole station of the score is. Jonathen Hood should have his own show again and I miss Les grobstein.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
How many people agree with me on this. Kevin Wheeler is the best show on 670 right now. And he's not even part of the score! lol

I call bulls*** on that.

Boers And Bernstein are phenomenal. Rosenbloom and Baum have a kick-ass show on Saturdays. I love Murph...he's a joy to listen to.

And people on here criticize Murph for what reason? Because he's a Cubs fan?

:rolly

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
I call bulls*** on that.

Boers And Bernstein are phenomenal.  Rosenbloom and Baum have a kick-ass show on Saturdays.  I love Murph...he's a joy to listen to.

And people on here criticize Murph for what reason?  Because he's a Cubs fan?

Boers and Bernstein are phenomenal? :bang They are f***ing morons. They both love to hear themselves talk and think they are so f***ing clever. They are not. Bernstein is the type of guy I want to catch cheating on his wife, because he acts so high and mighty everytime someone gets in trouble. f*** him.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
I call bulls*** on that.

Boers And Bernstein are phenomenal.  Rosenbloom and Baum have a kick-ass show on Saturdays.  I love Murph...he's a joy to listen to.

And people on here criticize Murph for what reason?  Because he's a Cubs fan?

I like murph, but he's just on a bulls*** time slot (as far as sports talk goes) Who really listens during a time slot when games are being played?

Boers and Bernstein are not that great. They always make stories bigger than what they are.

Like I stated earlier, I loved Les Grobstein ,and He's a cub fan too.

as far as Kevin Wheeler goes He has some pretty good views (even though he bashes the bulls )

QUOTE(Nokona @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
i lost all respect for J after how he was on Telander's show.  He was not the same as he was when he was alone.  Although i do like Rick's show alot, J Hood sucked on it.

You lost all respect for J on the strength of what? Your reasoning here: He was not the same as he was when he was alone?

If anything, he just can't coexist with someone like Rick Telander. Rick ain't cut out for sports radio. He is incredibly dull, he gets flustered all the time, he's doesn't know any one sport particularly well, and he's never said anything that was even remotely funny. I know because I listen every freaking day, and if it wasn't for Buffone, I'd turn the radio off and work in silence. Sports radio has always been and will always be about comedy first and foremost. There's a concept that's lost on most people.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
You lost all respect for J on the strength of what?  Your reasoning here: He was not the same as he was when he was alone?

If anything, he just can't coexist with someone like Rick Telander.  Rick ain't cut out for sports radio.  He is incredibly dull, he gets flustered all the time, he's doesn't know any one sport particularly well, and he's never said anything that was even remotely funny.  I know because I listen every freaking day, and if it wasn't for Buffone, I'd turn the radio off and work in silence.  Sports radio has always been and will always be about comedy first and foremost.  There's a concept that's lost on most people.

J is not the same. I think he was more laid back when he had his own show (which I want him to have again)

No Mike north supporters? :D (at least we can all agree with that)

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
You lost all respect for J on the strength of what?  Your reasoning here: He was not the same as he was when he was alone?

If anything, he just can't coexist with someone like Rick Telander.  Rick ain't cut out for sports radio.  He is incredibly dull, he gets flustered all the time, he's doesn't know any one sport particularly well, and he's never said anything that was even remotely funny.  I know because I listen every freaking day, and if it wasn't for Buffone, I'd turn the radio off and work in silence.  Sports radio has always been and will always be about comedy first and foremost.  There's a concept that's lost on most people.

And you like Bufone? Holy s***. He's a brainless troll. And that is insulting to trolls. :P

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
Boers and Bernstein are phenomenal? :bang They are f***ing morons.  They both love to hear themselves talk and think they are so f***ing clever.  They are not.  Bernstein is the type of guy I want to catch cheating on his wife, because he acts so high and mighty everytime someone gets in trouble.  f*** him.

Are you Rusty from Stickney? :D

B & B has been getting me through the work day for years. I question whether or not you've ever given them a fair chance. How many LOL moments are there during the course of the average day? I lose count. They are both sharp and funny as f***.

Maybe if you give me some specific examples, I'll understand.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
And you like Bufone?  Holy s***.  He's a brainless troll.  And that is insulting to trolls. :P

Brainless troll? :headshake

I just don't get it. Again, I need some specifics. You've obviously never listened to the Bears post game shows? Buffone can be a riot at times.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)

B & B has been getting me through the work day for years.  I question whether or not you've ever given them a fair chance.  How many LOL moments are there during the course of the average day?  I lose count.  They are both sharp and funny as f***.

They are funny. But mostly annoying. They do have good chemistry. They seem to talk about stories that are not the biggest story to talk about. ( I don't want to listen to an entire show about steve alford when the incident happened a long time ago.)

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)
They are funny. But mostly annoying. They do have good chemistry. They seem to talk about stories that are not the biggest story to talk about. ( I don't want to listen to an entire show about steve alford when the incident happened a long time ago.)

There you go. When they rip on Steve, it's a beautiful thing. When they rip on Dusty Baker? OMG. I laugh so hard that it hurts.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)

B & B has been getting me through the work day for years.  I question whether or not you've ever given them a fair chance.  How many LOL moments are there during the course of the average day?  I lose count.  They are both sharp and funny as f***.

I listened to them for about a year straight, when I shared an office. They certainly have funny moments, but the comedy is always exactly the same. Example, at the end of most interviews, before they ask the last question, they'll say something like, "Answer this last question, we know you have better things to do than talk to a couple dopes like us, but ....blah, blah blah" What I'm saying is their 'comedy' is always the same dumb crap.

And Bernstein will read news stories about a guy caught cheating on his wife or something or caught for drugs, and he'll rip into him, like he has never done anything wrong in his life. That's why I'd love for him to get caught smoking crack after work in some back alley, with a toothless hooker.

Grades

Mike north morning: F Can this guy just stick with one topic, and lose the blonde

Boers and Bernstein : c + Funny yet annoying

Telendar , Hood , Buffone : c- too many people talking at once

Murph: B+ Good show , bad time slot. Old school ,and I love old school.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
Brainless troll? :headshake

I just don't get it.  Again, I need some specifics.  You've obviously never listened to the Bears post game shows?  Buffone can be a riot at times.

I don't know how you need specifics...the guy is dumb...as in no brains, been hit too many times in the head...f***ing dumb.... :chair :bang :bang :chair

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
There you go.  When they rip on Steve, it's a beautiful thing.  When they rip on Dusty Baker?  OMG.  I laugh so hard that it hurts.

Yeah its funny the 1st 50 times. But when you listen every morning it can get old. They need new material.