Mike North in the morning

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
I listened to them for about a year straight, when I shared an office.  They certainly have funny moments, but the comedy is always exactly the same.  Example, at the end of most interviews, before they ask the last question, they'll say something like, "Answer this last question, we know you have better things to do than talk to a couple dopes like us, but ....blah, blah blah"  What I'm saying is their 'comedy' is always the same dumb crap.

And Bernstein will read news stories about a guy caught cheating on his wife or something or caught for drugs, and he'll rip into him, like he has never done anything wrong in his life.  That's why I'd love for him to get caught smoking crack after work in some back alley, with a toothless hooker.

Yeah, but I'll criticize a guy who cheats on his wife, gets caught with cocaine, etc. People like that are the scum of the earth. There's nothing wrong with tearing them a new one. And besides, in a 4 hour show, off-topic segments are few and far between.

But if you've given them a chance (as stated), and you're not feeling their humor, that's cool.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Hmmm, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I'm not saying he doesn't know anything about the Bears or football or the Sox...I'm saying he is so stupid that he makes me more stupider when I listen. See, that's the kind of grammar the guy has. Now I dumb. I listen too long.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
I'm not saying he doesn't know anything about the Bears or football or the Sox...I'm saying he is so stupid that he makes me more stupider when I listen.  See, that's the kind of grammar the guy has.  Now I dumb.  I listen too long.

LOL, yeah, but that's all part of the appeal. The strange brand of English that he brings to the table is kick-ass, IMO. :headbang

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
LOL, yeah, but that's all part of the appeal.  The strange brand of English that he brings to the table is kick-ass, IMO. :headbang

Its certainly part of the appeal. You crack up listening to him. I would rather listen to Mac, Jurko and Harry...and I do sometimes, but those guys have their issues. Mac loves to hear himself talk and tell a story. Jurko is kind of the brainless lineman but can make you laugh. And Harry is so f***ing rah, rah for the Cubs that I can't stand it.

QUOTE(orangekrush88 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
Does anybody else lisen to this garbage, My god, I want to reach into my radio and strangle north to death. And the stpid ass broad with North, what in the hell is she even doing there! :chair  :chair  :chair  :chair  :chair

The only sane person who keeps me listening is Fred.

I just had to bring it up, does anyone else share these feelings?

North is tabloid radio, don't let him bother you, you're feedong right into it. Turn the dial to WBBM 780 news.

Yeah Kevin Wheeler is easily the best. He bashes the bulls some but its more bulls fans who are homers than the actual bulls. He also is a Detroit tigers fan but picked them only 3rd... so he isnt a homer(picked sox 2nd and twins 1st).

The one person worse than Mike North is like 3 callers that talk to Wheeler though.. That Dave guy, the guy from Wakko texas that always switches his favorite team, and cant remember other guy think he is from california.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Yeah Kevin Wheeler is easily the best.  He bashes the bulls some but its more bulls fans who are homers than the actual bulls.  He also is a Detroit tigers fan but picked them only 3rd... so he isnt a homer(picked sox 2nd and twins 1st).

The one person worse than Mike North is like 3 callers that talk to Wheeler though.. That Dave guy, the guy from Wakko texas that always switches his favorite team, and cant remember other guy think he is from california.

lol that guy who switches his favorite team :lolhitting that is funny ass s*** right there. Is he a syracuse fan now?

What happened to J Hood?Why did they yank him from the afternoon show? He does have his own show on the weekends now. I liked Hood when he was on until anywhere from 11pm to 1am. He did some funny stuff late nights, that made me laugh at the start of my work day.

Edited by whitesox91403

QUOTE(orangekrush88 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
Does anybody else lisen to this garbage, My god, I want to reach into my radio and strangle north to death. And the stpid ass broad with North, what in the hell is she even doing there! :chair  :chair  :chair  :chair  :chair

The only sane person who keeps me listening is Fred.

I just had to bring it up, does anyone else share these feelings?

Don't knock it.

That's one of the few shows on sports talk radio around here that gives the Sox anything like equal time with the Cubs.

QUOTE(trexer @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
Don't knock it. 

That's one of the few shows on sports talk radio around here that gives the Sox anything like equal time with the Cubs.

Getting pub from North works against us. Basically the biggest idiot on the radio is a Sox fan, no thanks.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
I call bulls*** on that.

Boers And Bernstein are phenomenal.  Rosenbloom and Baum have a kick-ass show on Saturdays.  I love Murph...he's a joy to listen to.

And people on here criticize Murph for what reason?  Because he's a Cubs fan?

:rolly

He's absolutely 100% right. B&B are great, if u've never heard Dan Bernstein do his Bruce Webber impersonation, you havent lived.

Here are my grades:

North: F (no need to explain)

B&B: A- (see above)

Telander: C (listen to MJH on ESPN 1000 they're ALOT better)

Murph: B - (He's the Timo Perez of the score.... solid, just solid)

Wrap-up (Chris Ronge): B- (Its a wrap up show cant expect much)

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
He's absolutely 100% right. B&B are great, if u've never heard Dan Bernstein do his Bruce Webber impersonation, you havent lived.

Here are my grades:

North: F (no need to explain)

B&B: A- (see above)

Telander: C (listen to MJH on ESPN 1000 they're ALOT better)

Murph: B - (He's the Timo Perez of the score.... solid, just solid)

Wrap-up (Chris Ronge): B- (Its a wrap up show cant expect much)

ok I will agree with the weber impersonation, lol that does not get old :P

it definately sounds like him

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)
What happened to J Hood?Why did they yank him from the afternoon show? He does have his own show on the weekends now. I liked Hood when he was on until anywhere from 11pm to 1am. He did some funny stuff late nights, that made me laugh at the start of my work day.

Pulled off afternoon show just doing weekends now I think he will be gone soon, Telendar was thrilled to see him go, I never cared for him at all

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
Getting pub from North works against us. Basically the biggest idiot on the radio is a Sox fan, no thanks.

And on what basis do you say that North is the "biggest idiot on the radio"? Have you listened to all the radio stations? There are a lot of idiots on the radio if you haven't noticed.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 04:24 AM)
B&B are great, if u've never heard Dan Bernstein do his Bruce Webber impersonation, you havent lived.

All of Dan's impersonations are hilarious. I think I like the Alan Keyes one the most.

Was anyone listening the other day when Terry Boers told Rick Telander to bite him during the transition? :notworthy

QUOTE(trexer @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 05:48 AM)
And on what basis do you say that North is the "biggest idiot on the radio"?  Have you listened to all the radio stations?  There are a lot of idiots on the radio if you haven't noticed.

Do you remember the time when Mike north asked Pat Riley (after a painful playoff loss to the bulls in 97) "If God asked you to shave your head and the Heat would win the NBA championship, would you do it? " all the media had to have been laughing when Riley chewed him out for such a stupid question.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
Do you remember the time when Mike north asked Pat Riley (after a painful playoff loss to the bulls in 97) "If God asked you  to shave your head and the Heat would win the NBA championship, would you do it? " all the media had to have been laughing when Riley chewed him out for such a stupid question.

I remember that. If I was Pat I would have kicked his ass all the way back to the score studio

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)

He didn't like having to be 2nd fiddle to Telander. Just a thought, but I wouldn't be surprised if WMVP hired him to do evenings.

Boers & Bernstein are a riot. They are now the best show on the Score right now with the sad demise of the Me & Z show.

North is an idiot, & it used to be painful deciding to listen to him or Mariotti. Thankfully, Mariotti is gone, & Silvy & Carmen are easier on the ears.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
He didn't like having to be 2nd fiddle to Telander.  Just a thought, but I wouldn't be surprised if WMVP hired him to do evenings. 

Boers & Bernstein are a riot.  They are now the best show on the Score right now with the sad demise of the Me & Z show. 

North is an idiot, & it used to be painful deciding to listen to him or Mariotti.  Thankfully, Mariotti is gone, & Silvy & Carmen are easier on the ears.

you do know there is the option of not listening to the radio at all?