Jay Mariotti

letsgoarow

Piss off, Moron.

In the Sun-Times you say they're lucky and cheap, but on ESPN you say they're the best team in baseball???

Your crap writing is on the Internet, so any viewers of Around The Horn who care can see your real opinion of the Sox.

You stupid hack phony.

Did I mention "piss off"?

You guys need to read this.....

http://www.chicagomediamonitor.com/blog/_a.../18/594475.html

To:      Steven Skaggs [[email protected]]

Date: Monday 4/18/2005, 4:21 p.m.

Subject: YOU

I'm a journalist. You guys are fans. Therefore, I have credibility and you don't.

So why are you writing for something called a media monitor when you aren't a credible media person?

JM

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)

To: Moronotti, Jay

You are a hack paper seller, in the esteemed tradition of Freddie Lounds. As such, you repressent a very poor example of 'credible':

1. Capable of being believed; plausible.

2. Worthy of confidence; reliable.

Your bias and low brow pot-stirring is best described by the word 'unbelievable'.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)

To: Moronotti, Jay

You are a hack paper seller, in the esteemed tradition of Freddie Lounds.  As such, you repressent a very poor example of 'credible':

1.  Capable of being believed; plausible. 

2.  Worthy of confidence; reliable.

Your bias and low brow pot-stirring is best described by the word 'unbelievable'.

:notworthy

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
i still hate him but he at least recognized us as the best team

Dodgers are still the best team in baseball, but the SOx are definately playing well. Here's to having the Sox as the 2nd quickest team to double digit wins :cheers

Now keep those wins a coming :headbang

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Dodgers are still the best team in baseball, but the SOx are definately playing well.  Here's to having the Sox as the 2nd quickest team to double digit wins :cheers

Now keep those wins a coming :headbang

We got series against Detoilet and KC coming up. We should ( I emphasize SHOULD ) have no trouble beating up on these sissies.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
We got series against Detoilet and KC coming up.  We should ( I emphasize SHOULD ) have no trouble beating up on these sissies.

Nah, KC has been actually decent and Detroit has a very good offense. One game at a time Nuke, one game at a time.

The Sox have had trouble with these type of mathcups the past few years so I ain't doing anything but hoping the Sox play good baseball.

How do I say this nicely?

These "sissy games" will tell you what kind of team we REALLY have. The Sox always seem to play to their level of competition. That means they will suck against the suckwads... UNLESS the message really has gotten through to take it one game at a time.

We'll see.

They come out of these next 6 games 4-2 (14-6 overall for the first 20) I'm happy.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Nah, KC has been actually decent and Detroit has a very good offense.  One game at a time Nuke, one game at a time. 

The Sox have had trouble with these type of mathcups the past few years so I ain't doing anything but hoping the Sox play good baseball.

That's the only thing that worries me about this weekend. The Sox have a nasty habit of playing to the level of their competition. They play the better teams and they bring their A game. They play lesser teams and they play like a lesser team. Lets see how the 2005 edition of the Sox handles this.

He didn't say we were the best team in baseball. The question was "Buy or Sell - The Nationals are the biggest suprise of the season so far" and only 1 person bought. Plashcke said it was the Dodgers and someone else picked them too. Mariotti picked the Sox because it seems like we lost so much but our moves are paying off. He also said he's not being a homer and that he could ask how much we hate him.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
He didn't say we were the best team in baseball. The question was "Buy or Sell - The Nationals are the biggest suprise of the season so far" and only 1 person bought. Plashcke said it was the Dodgers and someone else picked them too. Mariotti picked the Sox because it seems like we lost so much but our moves are paying off. He also said he's not being a homer and that he could ask how much we hate him.

That's what makes the Sox winning that much sweeter. They are throwing it in the face of all those "pundits" who said we'd fall apart after trading Lee and letting Magglio go.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
:lol:

Did I read Mariotti? LOL. No.

I read him regularly. I may not like what he is saying, but it's good to keep a finger on the pulse of Chicago sports when you are out of town.

Editted to add the missing word "not". That kind changes the meaning a bit. :D

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
:lol:

Did I read Mariotti? LOL. No.

^^

Why contribute towards keeping him in business. As far as I am concerned, every hit he doesn't get, and every 50 cents the Sun Times doesn't get is another step towards him hitting the road.