Scout Seats

IndplsSoxFan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always strive for the best Danielson

Agree 100% which is why I like PBR and Blatz.

Did you know that Tom's in Lemont is a Sox bar, in addition to having Blatz on tap?

"Put the lotion in the basket ... Put the lotion in the basket!"

I don't think the seats are over-priced for premium games (NYY, BOS,CHC) & weekends but definitely over-priced for weekday games.

The problem I'm seeing early on this year is that it's giving the perception that the Sox are playing before an empty house. That's definitely NOT what you want in TV land. I think the WSox should come up with a plan where WSox employees can fill those seats if they haven't been sold.

I don't even know why I am posting, if some of you guys would get out of school and get jobs maybe you can spend some money on games. In five years I expect all of you to have season tickets and quit complaining about the attendance. You sound like whining women. By the way all you students get some damn summer jobs and get to the park.i just love how the teenagers and out of towners post "come on people get to the park"

yes I am bandstanding but I am tired of all you cheap asses. if you can't go watch it on TV and quit posting how the attendance sucks. Quiet frankly I like it when nobody is there. More park for me, and less rif raff

Yea yea, I know its free country and I shouldn't pay attention if i am not positive, but really can't we be done with these threads.

QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
I don't even know why I am posting, if some of you guys would get out of school and get jobs maybe you can spend some money on games. In five years I expect all of you to have season tickets and quit complaining about the attendance. You sound like whining women. By the way all you students get some damn summer jobs and get to the park.i just love how the teenagers and out of towners post "come on people get to the park"

yes I am bandstanding but I am tired of all you cheap asses. if you can't go watch it on TV and quit posting how the attendance sucks. Quiet frankly I like it when nobody is there. More park for me, and less rif raff

Yea yea, I know its  free country and I shouldn't pay attention if i am not positive, but really can't we be done with these threads.

I'm a college student and I currently have a job and plan on getting another job(I'm basically a lock) and with the schedule, I will still be able to go to all the games I planned on going to this year which is 60+. I talk about how attendance sucks after I get home from the game.

Yea yea, I know its  free country and I shouldn't pay attention if i am not positive, but really can't we be done with these threads.

:lol:

Another Instant Quickman Classic.

The best part was "I don't even know why I am posting". You know exactly why you're posting, this kind of s*** pisses you off.

Sox fans have been like this for years, yes, even way back when, when you were a poor guy living with your family on the NW side. People talked about attendance even then. Hell, I remember 1967 when the Sox were in it all the way until the last few days ... and they drew less than 1 million (look it up, I imagine you don't believe me).

So ... you and I are out of the city and in an affluent suburb. And why do you think the demographic has changed, why do you think there isn't another generation of TQ's and Jim H's who are young kids with low funds? Sox fans have a chip on their shoulders, they always have.

These kids have a chip on their shoulders about attendance, and you have a chip on your shoulder about young people yapping about attendance.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Nonetheless, your post is another Quickman Classic. It is "all you". When you complain about things White Sox, it means you care. Think about it ... it's the same story with these young people, they care. Better they are talking baseball than watching some stupid reality show.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
:lol:

Another Instant Quickman Classic.

The best part was "I don't even know why I am posting".  You know exactly why you're posting, this kind of s*** pisses you off.

Sox fans have been like this for years, yes, even way back when, when you were a poor guy living with your family on the NW side.  People talked about attendance even then.  Hell, I remember 1967 when the Sox were in it all the way until the last few days ... and they drew less than 1 million (look it up, I imagine you don't believe me).

So ... you and I are out of the city and in an affluent suburb.  And why do you think the demographic has changed, why do you think there isn't another generation of TQ's and Jim H's who are young kids with low funds?  Sox fans have a chip on their shoulders, they always have.

These kids have a chip on their shoulders about attendance, and you have a chip on your shoulder about young people yapping about attendance.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Nonetheless, your post is another Quickman Classic.  It is "all you".  When you complain about things White Sox, it means you care.  Think about it ... it's the same story with these young people, they care.  Better they are talking baseball than watching some stupid reality show.

Did you just wake up from your nap?

I am not insulting there passion as fans, I am tired of people b****ing about attendance but they are not going, or they wait until they find a pepsi can in the dumpster to get a deal, yet they complain that others don't go. its useless.

jerkit5.gif

Did you just wake up from your nap?

I am not insulting there passion as fans, I am tired of people b****ing about attendance but they are not going, or they wait until they find a pepsi can in the dumpster to get a deal, yet they complain that others don't go. its useless.

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/jerkit5.gif

Nap? What nap? I only nap when we are conversing, LOL.

No one said you were insulting their passion as fans. I know full well you are tired of people who b**** about attendance but don't go, maybe because they can't.

They are commenting on attendance because our ownership comments on attendance re: the amount of payroll they put into the team. I don't like it any more than you do, but it's fair game.

It's a message board, people will complain. There are people who go when they can, and that's all. They feel they can b**** or comment about it. You and Steff like to trot out the "how many games do YOU go to" line, fine and dandy, that's your right. I am merely pointing out the other side, the same side you and I were both on when we were young kids and didn't have two nickels to rub together.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
You and Steff like to trot out the "how many games do YOU go to" line, fine and dandy, that's your right.  I am merely pointing out the other side, the same side you and I were both on when we were young kids and didn't have two nickels to rub together.

I once didn't have 2 nickels to rub together so I know what that's like.. however I don't agree that I am quick to call out "how many games do you go to" unless it's to people who DON'T go to the games. I know many here (some who have used our seats when we can't go.. and for free!!) are limited.. it's not them I b**** at. I see the other side clear.. and appreciate it.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
I hate season ticket holders and people that go to 50 or 60 games a year.  Will you people please stay home and watch on TV like the rest of us real Sox fans?

How's that for an out of towner b****ing about attendance? :D

:whip

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
I once didn't have 2 nickels to rub together so I know what that's like.. however I don't agree that I am quick to call out "how many games do you go to" unless it's to people who DON'T go to the games. I know many here (some who have used our seats when we can't go.. and for free!!) are limited.. it's not them I b**** at. I see the other side clear.. and appreciate it.

Steff, He is just taking the other side to rile me up. The guy sleeps all day and wakes occassionally to check the board and post the opposite of what I say even though he is tired of the same old bulls*** threads. He is being "accomodating" Jim symphathetic to the "entitlement" youth movement of today so one day he can be a mod on the board.

Steff, He is just taking the other side to rile me up. The guy sleeps all day and wakes occassionally to check the board and post the opposite of what I say even though he is tired of the same old bulls*** threads. He is being "accomodating" Jim symphathetic to the "entitlement" youth movement of today so one day he can be a mod on the board.

Stupidest thing you have posted in a long time, that takes into account a lot of dumb posts.

Don't flatter yourself, you would get a mod job well before I would! :lol:

You have hit a new low, even for you, I'm sure you are very proud LOL. Isn't there a game somewhere on some TV you should be watching???

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
Stupidest thing you have posted in a long time, that takes into account a lot of dumb posts.

Don't flatter yourself, you would get a mod job well before I would! :lol:

You have hit a new low, even for you, I'm sure you are very proud LOL.  Isn't there a game somewhere on some TV you should be watching???

and thats a quickman winner.